X-box and the Two towers

Woodsea

X-box and the Two towers
« on: 14 Mar 2003, 03:45 am »
Ok, I must be getting old(er), this game is tough.  The fading from the movie clips to the in-game rendering is pretty damn cool.  The skeletal movements of the characters are without a peer except possibly Splinter Cell.  Is the game good?  So far it is like playing inside of a movie.  Very linear, but what can you expect.  
The sound is killer via digital optical input.
But battling the ringwraiths in the first real while defending Frodo was getting on my nerves, just don't forget to keep lighting the torch and hitting 'em hard.
-Eric

Woodsea

X-box and the Two towers
« Reply #1 on: 17 Mar 2003, 01:01 pm »
Ok, I will be returning this game back to Blockbuster.  I won't be buying the game.  It is to linear, and really all about mashing buttons.  The graphics and interviews of the actors and director were pretty neat.

TheeeChosenOne

X-box and the Two towers
« Reply #2 on: 6 Apr 2003, 08:14 pm »
Quote from: Woodsea
Ok, I will be returning this game back to Blockbuster.  I won't be buying the game.  It is to linear, and really all about mashing buttons.  The graphics and interviews of the actors and director were pretty neat.

You should get Morrowind for nonlinearity and literally hundreds of hours of gamplay.  It truly is an exceptional game.

Morrowind was rated "Game of the Year" in many magazines for the PC.  The Xbox version plays flawlessly and doesn't get into resource PC issues, as this game is very taxing on even new PCs.   :o

Woodsea

X-box and the Two towers
« Reply #3 on: 6 Apr 2003, 09:36 pm »
I have been very bad  :nono:  I bought this game 6 mos ago, but have not put it back in since then.  I should start it up again, I was turned off by my old tv, which I just replaced about a month ago.
Thanks for the reminder TCO :wink:

Rob Babcock

• Volunteer
X-box and the Two towers
« Reply #4 on: 7 Apr 2003, 03:54 am »
Morrowind is incredible-completely open ended.  There are "quests" to undertake, or not, as you choose.  You can do things in any order, go anywhere, develope your character as a hero or as a villian...there's basically nothing you can't do.  The graphics are more than accepable for an rpg, with some amazing water effects.  And if you don't have your 'box connected to a Dolby Digital decoder, well, you really should.

I believe the price has dropped on this game to $20 or $30 bucks; definately worth it.

bubba966

X-box and the Two towers
« Reply #5 on: 7 Apr 2003, 03:58 am »
Quote from: Rob Babcock
I believe the price has dropped on this game to $20 or $30 bucks; definately worth it.

Is that a Sam's Club/Costco type price? Or is that the price everywhere?

I can't say that I've liked an RPG since FFVI. They seemed to evolve to be too linear so that it'd appeal to the majority.

Rob Babcock

• Volunteer
X-box and the Two towers
« Reply #6 on: 7 Apr 2003, 04:41 am »
BB.

bubba966

X-box and the Two towers
« Reply #7 on: 7 Apr 2003, 05:42 am »
Will have to look for it on my Tuesday trip to BB then.

TheeeChosenOne

X-box and the Two towers
« Reply #8 on: 7 Apr 2003, 05:50 am »
Quote from: bubba966
Will have to look for it on my Tuesday trip to BB then.

If you buy at BB, get a Gamers Gift card.  Load it up with $1.  Then, on the back of it is a $5 coupon applicable to all Xbox games.  USe the gift card you loaded up $1 on and the $5.  This is a gamer's "Insiders Trick" at BB.

It's a good way to save $5 at ANY TIME!  ;)

I've used these $5 coupons at least a dozen times....and counting!  :)

Rob Babcock

• Volunteer
X-box and the Two towers
« Reply #9 on: 7 Apr 2003, 06:27 am »
Whoa, that's cool.  I'll have to try it out.