My 2ch/HT/Living/Dining Room....

04dgmsilv

My 2ch/HT/Living/Dining Room....
« on: 2 Jul 2006, 12:59 am »
I live in a one bedroom apt and am trying to massage my listening room to make it as good as reasonably possible.  I am planning on doing some simple DIY 703 first reflection absorbers.  Unfortunatley there is next to no room to put any bass traps.  Below is a quick Acad sketch of my room and plans.  Speakers are Zu Druids.

Any comments/suggestions?

JLM

• The elephant normally IS the room
Re: My 2ch/HT/Living/Dining Room....
« Reply #1 on: 2 Jul 2006, 05:54 pm »
Check out RealTraps and GIK sites.  They offer high density fiberglass panels that are effective for bass.  They work best in corners, including wall/floor and wall/ceiling corners.

Glenn K

« Reply #2 on: 3 Jul 2006, 11:06 am »
Yes I can see the problem you are going to have. I think what I would do is put bass traps floor to ceiling in the right front and then put some bass traps where the floor to wall meet or ceiling to floor meet. That is about the best you can do, but that alone will help out a lot.

Glenn

bpape

• Industry Participant
  • I am serious and don't call my Shirley
    • Sensible Sound Solutions
« Reply #3 on: 3 Jul 2006, 11:43 am »
Or, if you can't give up the floorspace, you can try the horizontal corners at the wall/ceiling intersection.

Other than that, looks like you're doing about as much as the room and layout will allow.

Bryan

04dgmsilv

« Reply #4 on: 3 Jul 2006, 04:47 pm »
Thanks for the responses/tips, unfortunatley I can't give up much floor space, gotta live in here as well....

As far as wall/ceiling locations, I could put one on at the rear wall location centered.  At the front wall there is a fire sprinkler right there.

Up in the left front corner of the room I will have an approx. 2' x 2' tall 'bass' trap, thats it.

Heres a quick pic of the room, the speaks will be moved out a bit more when I get the rug:

04dgmsilv

« Reply #5 on: 23 Aug 2006, 10:27 pm »
Well, I purchased a trio of GIK's 242 panels for the first reflection points and WOW, that along with a carpet now between me and the speaker has made a huge improvement.

Unfortunaltey, my apartment complex just hit me with the... we're gonna raise your rent by 25% after being here for three years, thus I very well may be taking the show on the road so to speak and have to set this all up somewhere else, but I now have some nice treatements to start with.  i will probably pick up some bass traps of some sort then as well...