Mardi Gras Madness #7........

lonewolfny42

• Speakers....What Speakers ?
Mardi Gras Madness #7........
« on: 21 Feb 2009, 05:55 am »
Hello Guys,

I thought I would bring this to your attention. This coming Tuesday, is "Fat Tuesday" (Mardi Gras) and it will be celebrated in style at Dodie’s Seafood Café II, Captain Humble's/Jeff's restaurant in Carrollton (Dallas area). I'm on his email list, so I receive notices for events and specials....and this one is a good one.  :wink:

Having eaten at his place, I know how good the food is....as does Art !!!
I just wish I lived closer  :( ....but since you guys are in the area, stop by and check it out. :wink:

Good food, good live music, and a fun time.  :dance:

Here are some photo's from the Jeff's gallery.........

And here's the email notice :

THIS COMING TUESDAY

Mardi Gras Madness 7

Tuesday, February 24th

10,000 Square Feet of tent tied to the restaurant!

DOORS OPEN AT 5 PM

Featuring:

Z-Man & the Trinity River Basin Band

Z-Man has performed at every one of our Mardi Gras Madness Parties.  He is a good friend and tells me this year’s band is the best he’s ever assembled.

The band takes the stage at 7 PM

Art Exhibit By

New Orleans Artist Chuck Siler

This is the third year that Chuck has provided the artwork for our Mardi Gras Madness T-Shirts.  He’s an amazing artist, a gentleman and a good friend.

After Katrina blew through the Crescent City, Chuck retired from the Louisiana State Museum in the French Quarter and set up residence in Carrollton with his wife Rhonda.

Rhonda works with Bea’s Kids, http://www.beaskids.org/, as Director of the Carrollton Tutoring Center.

“The mission of Bea’s Kids is to provide educational and personal development programs to children from low-income families so they will stay in school and break the cycle of poverty.”

Chuck will raffle off an original with part of the proceeds going to Bea’s Kids.

I am honored that Chuck will be exhibiting again this year and Dodie’s will take no cut of Chuck’s Sales or Raffle.

Costume Contest

First Prize - $50 Gift Certificate to Dodie’s II

Second Prize - $25 Gift Certificate to Dodie’s II

Bead Throwing Contest

We can’t take credit cards during the party so please bring cash.

Dodie’s Seafood Café II

2626 North Josey Lane #112

Carrollton, TX 75007

Phone:  972.446.8998

Fax:  972.939.2285

www.DodiesSeafood.com

And look at those crawfish.....I'm hungry.... :thankyou:

Chris

arthurs

Re: Mardi Gras Madness #7........
« Reply #1 on: 21 Feb 2009, 11:53 am »
If you're in the area, definitely worth checking out!  Jeff is a great guy who serves really great food and good times.

A word of warning....the Cream of Crab is more addictive than crack!  :lol:

Captain Humble

« Reply #2 on: 21 Feb 2009, 03:02 pm »
Chris,
Thanks for the post. :thumb:

Art, thanks for the plug.
Per our BEER REPS this is the biggest Mardi Gras Party in the Metroplex. :beer:
For you out of towners the Metroplex includes Dallas / Fort Worth and the surrounding area.

The T-Shirts are being printed now.
I should be able to pick some up later today.
This year's shirt will be Navy Blue.
I scanned this in from a proof in PDF
It will look better with a true Navy background

bpape

• Industry Participant
  • I am serious and don't call my Shirley
    • Sensible Sound Solutions
« Reply #3 on: 21 Feb 2009, 03:08 pm »
Looks like a ball Capt.

Wish I was there.  It's snowing here right now.  I'll shoot the info to my niece in Dallas and see if they want to stop over.

Bryan

Captain Humble

« Reply #4 on: 21 Feb 2009, 03:51 pm »
Looks like a ball Capt.

Wish I was there.  It's snowing here right now.  I'll shoot the info to my niece in Dallas and see if they want to stop over.

Bryan
Thanks Bryan.
If she decides to party with us, please ask her to introduce herself and let me know that you sent her.

And now for something completely different....
No party is complete without the Miller Girls  :beer:

arthurs

« Reply #5 on: 21 Feb 2009, 06:32 pm »
Jeff - knowing how busy you'll be with the party and all those guests, please allow me to volunteer to coordinate activities with the Miller Girls and ensure they are having a good time....I am happy to sacrifice and spend the evening in their service...   :o :D

Captain Humble

« Reply #6 on: 21 Feb 2009, 08:20 pm »
Jeff - knowing how busy you'll be with the party and all those guests, please allow me to volunteer to coordinate activities with the Miller Girls and ensure they are having a good time....I am happy to sacrifice and spend the evening in their service...   :o :D
The position you’ve volunteered for, “GUARDIAN OF THE MILLER GIRLS”, is mission critical and not for the faint of heart.

Art, I’m totally confident that you’re the man for the job!

In the spirit of full disclosure I’m compelled to share the fate of last year’s GUARDIAN.

He’s off the oxygen now and doing fine but it truly was touch and go for the later part of the night.
The paramedics said he wouldn’t have made it without the oxygen and I V.

I guess the good news is that no matter how tough it got he never stopped smiling.
He declined the position this year so I truly appreciate you stepping up.

I’ll shoot you the waiver form via email.
If you choose to sign the wavier the oxygen is on me. :thumb:

LAISSEZ LES BONS TEMPS ROULER!
(Let The Good Times Roll!)
Jeff

gary

« Reply #7 on: 22 Feb 2009, 02:27 pm »
Looks like a lot of fun... we've got a 2 year-old so I doubt we could make it, but my wife and I love Cajun food so we'll definitely try the restaurant some other night.

Gary

lonewolfny42

• Speakers....What Speakers ?
« Reply #8 on: 22 Feb 2009, 06:13 pm »
The NOLA parade webcam...
.........fun in New Orleans...... :banana piano:

"Sunday brings Uptown Okeanos at 11 a.m., Mid-City at 11:45, Thoth at noon and Bacchus at 5:45 p.m.! " (Central Time)

brj

« Reply #9 on: 23 Feb 2009, 04:32 pm »
Quote from: arthurs
If you're in the area, definitely worth checking out!  Jeff is a great guy who serves really great food and good times.

I'll second that!  I think Jeff was born with a smile on his face, and his place is fun to visit at any time.  The food really is fantastic!

Quote from: arthurs
A word of warning....the Cream of Crab is more addictive than crack!  :lol:

I somehow managed to miss that one, but I do recall one tasty appetizer... I think it was called Oysters Dodie?  Very good!

Good luck with the event this year, Jeff - It has to be a ton of work, even if Art does handle the Miller girls for you! :lol: