ISF Calibration

Sarmck

ISF Calibration
« on: 18 Jul 2008, 05:30 pm »
Hi All,

Chad B. will be in the North Texas area for a few calibrations the latter part of this month.  If anyone is in need of having their viewing devices adjusted properly, you might shoot him a line very quickly and see if he can fit you in during his scheduled visits.

Check out his site for details:  http://hdtvbychadb.com/index.html

Ron

bkh

Re: ISF Calibration
« Reply #1 on: 21 Jul 2008, 01:25 am »
Ron, have you used Chad's service? Anyone plan to use Chad when he is in town later this month?

What's your experience of ISF calibration for 1080i RPTV?

Bryant

Sarmck

« Reply #2 on: 21 Jul 2008, 03:15 am »
Bryant,

No, I have not used his services before.  I have read a lot of positive reviews from his previous clients here on AC and everyone seemed VERY pleased with the outcome of having their screens (plasma/lcd) calibrated by Chad.  Barring any unforeseen circumstances, I should have the plasma screen next weekend and Chad should be here a couple of days later.  I like the fact that he will optimize all inputs for their respective devices.

Ron

Sarmck

« Reply #3 on: 31 Jul 2008, 04:48 am »
Chad was here yesterday to calibrate my Panasonic plasma.  He arrived before 10 am and was here for about 4 1/2 hours.  Although I only had the plasma for a very short time prior to his arrival, I must say that the work he did brought out a fantastic picture on 1080 HD.   I've only seen a few HD displays personally, but I was always impressed by their "high definition" output.  It's nothing like having your own.   :drool:   He adjusted each input on the plasma to bring out the best for each one of the sources.

He was definitely professional and courteous, and I highly recommend anyone considering ISF calibration to use Chad.

Thanks Chad.   :thumb:  X   10

Ron

Double Ugly

« Reply #4 on: 31 Jul 2008, 05:49 am »
Expert service performed by as nice a guy as you'll ever meet.

I'll take that combo any day of the week.

satfrat

• Restricted
  • Boston Red Sox!! 2004 / 2007 / 2013
« Reply #5 on: 31 Jul 2008, 06:01 am »
I'm not sure if the same holds true for LCD's or Plasmas but with new CRT's, the set should be well burned in a good 3 months before having a calbration done. Have it done too soon and the settings will simply change on you. Just thought I'd throw that out there fwiw. :D

Cheers,
Robin

Sarmck

« Reply #6 on: 31 Jul 2008, 06:15 pm »
Robin,

You are absolutely correct about the "burn-in" time.  Recommendation is somewhere in the neighborhood of at least 100 hours.  I probably had less than that amount of time on it but part of that was a DVD burn-in disc that Chad suggested.  However, it was do it now or who knows when he would be in the "neighborhood" again.

Ron

bkh

« Reply #7 on: 13 Aug 2008, 12:37 am »
I had Chad calibrated my Pioneer Elite HD CRT (730HDI) a week ago.  Chad is a great guy to work with and he is a perfectionist.  Instead of just doing the job, he really took time and tweated like his own TV.  He told me it would take approximately 7 hours, but he ended up spending over 10 hours to fine tune everything.  Even before calibration, I always liked my Pioneer Elite a lot (which rivals or even better some of today's plasma or LCD).  After the calibration, the standard signal from my Oppo DVD almost look like hi-def.  I really don't need to upgrade for a long time.  Great job and highly recommended. 

One additional comment - calibration is an art and also a science.  Everyone has his own preference.  Chad tends to calibrated TV on the high contrast and colorful side.  He has different disks to calibrate to suit your tastes.  I personally don't like too much contrast and bright picture (hurts my eyes in a dark room).  So make sure you tell him your preference before he starts.

satfrat

• Restricted
  • Boston Red Sox!! 2004 / 2007 / 2013
« Reply #8 on: 13 Aug 2008, 12:46 am »
I had Chad calibrated my Pioneer Elite HD CRT (730HDI) a week ago.  Chad is a great guy to work with and he is a perfectionist.  Instead of just doing the job, he really took time and tweated like his own TV.  He told me it would take approximately 7 hours, but he ended up spending over 10 hours to fine tune everything.  Even before calibration, I always liked my Pioneer Elite a lot (which rivals or even better some of today's plasma or LCD).  After the calibration, the standard signal from my Oppo DVD almost look like hi-def.  I really don't need to upgrade for a long time.  Great job and highly recommended. 

One additional comment - calibration is an art and also a science.  Everyone has his own preference.  Chad tends to calibrated TV on the high contrast and colorful side.  He has different disks to calibrate to suit your tastes.  I personally don't like too much contrast and bright picture (hurts my eyes in a dark room).  So make sure you tell him your preference before he starts.

Frankly I disagree :roll:,,, ISF is a science and not an art. If Chad is calibrating to customers preferences then he's bending the calibration to suit the customer,,, not the ISF standard. There are those ISF Techs that would look down on that type of service. In a proper ISF calibration, it's not the customer who's always right cuz the customer's not educated to know what is right. The whole idea of an ISF caliubration is to educate, not conform to the customers wishes.  :D

Cheers,
Robin