IEM Help

Nick77

IEM Help
« on: 7 Jan 2020, 11:09 am »
I decided to pick up an entry pair of IEM's over the Holidays to use while walking. I read a number of reviews and decided to try the the Tin T2 because I read it was very neutral. I am sensitive to treble and didnt want anything fatiguing.

Well these sound pretty thin and treblely so I am thinking about sending them back, I can listen for about 5 minutes before fatigue sets in. They are very light on the bass and and music has no weight or body. I am currently just using my new HP laptop and Android phone as source but hoping to get a decent player soon. Listen to mostly Worship or Jazz music while walking.

So after doing so more research it appears most IEM's have a similar V shaped pattern that most seem to love.

Are there any budget IEM's that dont lean toward bright?? I might be willing to push budget towards $100 if I can get a nice full bodied sound without being a treble monster. I do like good bass but not looking for complete bass loaded only unit. I saw these come across new email from Drop, SHUOER H27 but mixed reviews on treble so still looking.

Thanks

Letitroll98

• Facilitator
  • Too loud is just right
Re: IEM Help
« Reply #1 on: 7 Jan 2020, 01:44 pm »
There are a zillion iem options out there, but my favorites are the Thinksound Rain wood bodied line.  I have the originals, I believe they're on the Rain 3 model now.  A little cheaper is their ms01 model, they come with those around the ear sport hooks if your walks are more active.  I haven't heard them, but HiFiman has some inexpensive iem's and I love their headphones. 

timind

• permanent vacation
« Reply #2 on: 7 Jan 2020, 04:10 pm »
My wife got me a set of KZ ZSN iems for the Christmas stocking: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07JD9L2FL/ref=twister_B07PF3J6B4?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1

I don't find them bright at all. Only have a couple hours listening on them, but so far so good. My experience with the KZ iems is, you can't go wrong for the money. I have 4 different pairs of the KZs and the only pair I haven't thought were fantastic were the KZ -ZST.

Jon L

« Reply #3 on: 7 Jan 2020, 04:31 pm »
Aliexpress is having a sale right now on CCA C16 IEM's (8 Balanced Armature per side) at around $70 with free shipping, about half of Amazon prices. 
These sound great right out of my LG Android phone and sound quite balanced, not lean or basshead, not bright nor dark.  SQ comptes with quite more expensive IEM's/headphones out there. 

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/32966556352.html?spm=a2g0o.productlist.0.0.7663370fEJ7FyR&algo_pvid=7826c927-2b30-4fd2-a206-236e9d2629db&algo_expid=7826c927-2b30-4fd2-a206-236e9d2629db-0&btsid=40143740-b8f6-47c7-ad1a-89056467d2dd&ws_ab_test=searchweb0_0,searchweb201602_7,searchweb201603_55

IMG_0019 by drjlo2, on Flickr

charmerci

« Reply #4 on: 7 Jan 2020, 04:52 pm »
There are a zillion iem options out there, but my favorites are the Thinksound Rain wood bodied line.  I have the originals, I believe they're on the Rain 3 model now.  A little cheaper is their ms01 model, they come with those around the ear sport hooks if your walks are more active.  I haven't heard them, but HiFiman has some inexpensive iem's and I love their headphones.

Nah, I have the inexpensive hifiman iem headphones. Not recommended. They are on the bright side.

I do have the $12 (or less?) KZ ATE headphones and I enjoy them.

Yossarian

« Reply #5 on: 19 Jan 2020, 06:02 pm »
Suggest you look at onemore triple drivers  or quad drivers they sound great.
Not to lure you down Rabbit hole but good iem  sound much better with small USBC dac and headphone amp