Flying the ICON A5 to Lake Berryessa CA.

A_shah

Flying the ICON A5 to Lake Berryessa CA.
« on: 18 Apr 2019, 02:12 am »
Had  the Pleasure of flying this wonderful amphibious aircraft , what an exprience flying to the lake and making three tafe-off's and landings on the lake ! :drool:
 :angel:
Asghar

mresseguie

• SW1X DAC+ D Sachs 300b + Daedalus Apollos = Heaven
Re: Flying the ICON A5 to Lake Berryessa CA.
« Reply #1 on: 18 Apr 2019, 03:19 am »
Ashgar,

Are you saying you flew to the lake and made a big splash 3 times, but didn't catch a single fish?  :scratch:

LOL! I'm just kidding. I'm very impressed. I never learned to fly - though I have thought about learning a couple times. When I told my wife, her eyes got wide with fear. She said, "That's dangerous. I won't allow you to do such a dangerous thing while I'm around." [Something like that anyway.]

Isn't driving a car far more dangerous than flying?

Michael

ArthurDent

• Don't Panic / Mostly Harmless
« Reply #2 on: 18 Apr 2019, 03:25 am »
Cool Asghar  :thumb:  Nice carbon fiber dash too.  8)

JD

FullRangeMan

• Volunteer
  • To whom more was given more will be required.
    • Never go to a psychiatrist, adopt a straycat or dog. On the street they live only two years average.
« Reply #3 on: 18 Apr 2019, 09:44 am »
Do you fly solo man?

A_shah

« Reply #4 on: 19 Apr 2019, 01:54 am »
Ashgar,

Are you saying you flew to the lake and made a big splash 3 times, but didn't catch a single fish?  :scratch:

LOL! I'm just kidding. I'm very impressed. I never learned to fly - though I have thought about learning a couple times. When I told my wife, her eyes got wide with fear. She said, "That's dangerous. I won't allow you to do such a dangerous thing while I'm around." [Something like that anyway.]

Isn't driving a car far more dangerous than flying?

Michael

@ Michael,
Funny you mention fishing ! some people who own this plane just do that by sitting on the Spar of the plane on the wing.
True " car driving is more dangerous than flying -" Flying is how safe you make it being flying for 7 years now >
OH I just sent in my DS-2 to Don Sachs for upgrades and modification he will put in the new Dueland clones and I will have  1 Uf Jupiter's up for grabs, You should try the beewax fuses -mind blowing soundstage have no idea why ? because they are not in the signal path ?

@ ArtherDent
Yes ! most parts, including the fuselage are composite carbon fiber , one interspect of this plane is it does not "Stall" or spin Like a Cessna 172  - a great safety feature ! tried to stall it it would not stall !

@Fullrangeman
Yes i can fly Solo but it is good to have company , this time I dragged my 22 year old with me !
thank you all

Asghar

FullRangeMan

• Volunteer
  • To whom more was given more will be required.
    • Never go to a psychiatrist, adopt a straycat or dog. On the street they live only two years average.
« Reply #5 on: 19 Apr 2019, 09:00 am »
Congratulations Asghar this looks a great plane to fly.
Do you would say that turbine propeller engines are more durable than piston engines?
« Last Edit: 19 Apr 2019, 03:30 pm by FullRangeMan »

A_shah

« Reply #6 on: 19 Apr 2019, 04:58 pm »
Congratulations Asghar this looks a great plane to fly.
Do you would say that turbine propeller engines are more durable than piston engines?

Turbines are more efficient and reliable than piston engines is true, how ever these days good maintenance makes piston engines reliable also  :thumb:

Asghar