Interesting New Mono Blocks From Emotiva

JDUBS

Re: Interesting New Mono Blocks From Emotiva
« Reply #20 on: 28 Aug 2018, 12:49 am »
Great looking amp.  Obviously a repurposed professional unit.  I'm sure some reviews will soon follow, good find.

Lol, I’m thinking you’re not familiar w ice-based amps.

-Jim

FullRangeMan

• Volunteer
  • To whom more was given more will be required.
    • Never go to a psychiatrist, adopt a straycat or dog. On the street they live only two years average.
« Reply #21 on: 28 Aug 2018, 01:12 am »
Lol, I’m thinking you’re not familiar w ice-based amps.

-Jim
Iam not familiar, any info background would be welcome.

hallithorst

« Reply #22 on: 9 Apr 2019, 12:09 pm »
Has anybody tried these monoblocks yet?

skifasterslc

« Reply #23 on: 9 Apr 2019, 03:30 pm »
My experience with Emotiva has been very positive, using the DC-1 and am very happy with it.  ngamountains, your experience sucks, that would piss me off as well.  They need to fix it or replace it. 

Ekmanc

« Reply #25 on: 18 Apr 2019, 04:16 am »
I have a pair of these, the bass and the power for the price is absolutely unbeatable.

OzarkTom

« Reply #26 on: 18 Apr 2019, 11:58 am »
If I needed more power, I would put these at the top of my wishlist. Especially for the price.

cujobob

« Reply #27 on: 18 Apr 2019, 05:45 pm »
These are pricier, but are better performing boards: https://www.marchaudio.net.au/shop (I just listed to the whole shop there because there are several models). They feature the newest Hypex Ncore boards.

FullRangeMan

• Volunteer
  • To whom more was given more will be required.
    • Never go to a psychiatrist, adopt a straycat or dog. On the street they live only two years average.
« Reply #28 on: 18 Apr 2019, 06:00 pm »
These are pricier, but are better performing boards: https://www.marchaudio.net.au/shop (I just listed to the whole shop there because there are several models). They feature the newest Hypex Ncore boards.
The 75W 8 ohms model is perfect to fullrange drivers or any hi sensitivity speaker and the freq range 10Hz - 50kHz is not bad, thanks for the link.

fredgarvin

« Reply #29 on: 18 Apr 2019, 09:26 pm »
Also, not mono-blocks. Pricier though.

Letitroll98

• Facilitator
  • Too loud is just right
« Reply #30 on: 23 Apr 2019, 11:17 am »
And they are significantly over cheap and cheerful guidelines.  It would be helpful if before posting members would make themselves familiar with them.

Wind Chaser

« Reply #31 on: 23 Apr 2019, 03:11 pm »
The cheap and cheerful guidelines are so cheap that much of what is considered “cheap” isn’t cheap enough to be discussed in this circle. Maybe we need to rethink those guidelines or come up another circle with more practical price points for very affordable gear? :dunno:

If we were to introduce another circle for inexpensive / entry level gear, I think it would be helpful if we didn’t get too strict with absolute numbers. IOW if the bar is set at max of thousand dollars per piece, something that costs $1200 shouldn’t be ruled out of discussion. Pragmatic flexibility is better than dogmatic rigidity.  :green:
« Last Edit: 23 Apr 2019, 09:07 pm by Wind Chaser »

charmerci

« Reply #32 on: 23 Apr 2019, 03:48 pm »
The cheap and cheerful guidelines are so cheap that much of what is considered “cheap” isn’t cheap enough to be discussed in this circle. Maybe we need to rethink those guidelines or come up another circle with more practical price points for very affordable gear?  :dunno:

If we were to introduce another circle for inexpensive / entry level gear, I think it would be helpful if we didn’t get too strict with absolute numbers. IOW if the bar is set at max of thousand dollars per piece, something that costs $1200 shouldn’t be ruled out of discussion. Pragmatic flexibility is better than dogmatic rigidity.  :green:

I kinda vote to keep the guidelines. I don't earn much money and to me, $250 is a big chunk of change and I debate long and hard to spend that kind of money. Even my non-audiophile friends who earn good salaries would think spending over that on a music system is crazy.

I think it's good to keep it there so we don't possibly chase newbies away.

OzarkTom

« Reply #33 on: 23 Apr 2019, 04:10 pm »
I agree. There are plenty of good C&C components out there to keep these guidelines. Many of these will sound almost as good or better than the expensive components.

Letitroll98

• Facilitator
  • Too loud is just right
« Reply #34 on: 24 Apr 2019, 01:33 pm »
The cheap and cheerful guidelines are so cheap that much of what is considered “cheap” isn’t cheap enough to be discussed in this circle. Maybe we need to rethink those guidelines or come up another circle with more practical price points for very affordable gear? :dunno:

Thanks for your thoughts Wind Chaser, these issues have been previously discussed, but we're continually open for discussion.  As related to dogmatic rigidity following guidelines, nothing could be further from the truth, as witnessed by this thread, it doesn't meet them in any single category.  We give wide latitude to guidelines with the thought that if you can fit you're special little component in a reasonable system under $1,000 then you're good.  Two mono block amps for $600 are so unique as to warrant discussion, and although not discussed, anyone can see how these with a streaming dac and inexpensive speakers could easily come in under guidelines.  That doesn't open the door for just any old amp, I'm of the mind that you need something much cheaper or are other mono blocks at that price.

One has to understand this is not a general audio thread, we have those already.  It's about having fun with super cheap components, with an emphasis on fun.  IMHO it's been wildly successful, therefore we won't be changing guidelines, especially since the market for these components has exploded in recent years.  We welcome posts for higher priced components in the other circles.

fredgarvin

« Reply #35 on: 24 Apr 2019, 03:22 pm »
Thanks for your thoughts Wind Chaser, these issues have been previously discussed, but we're continually open for discussion.  As related to dogmatic rigidity following guidelines, nothing could be further from the truth, as witnessed by this thread, it doesn't meet them in any single category.  We give wide latitude to guidelines with the thought that if you can fit you're special little component in a reasonable system under $1,000 then you're good.  Two mono block amps for $600 are so unique as to warrant discussion, and although not discussed, anyone can see how these with a streaming dac and inexpensive speakers could easily come in under guidelines.  That doesn't open the door for just any old amp, I'm of the mind that you need something much cheaper or are other mono blocks at that price.

One has to understand this is not a general audio thread, we have those already.  It's about having fun with super cheap components, with an emphasis on fun.  IMHO it's been wildly successful, therefore we won't be changing guidelines, especially since the market for these components has exploded in recent years.  We welcome posts for higher priced components in the other circles.
Well said, and from what I see out there with the new chips and the refinement of class D, the cheap components are sounding better and better. Perhaps not as much of a variety with loudspeakers as they continue to rise in price.