Tour - LDR300.V25 Buffered Preamp | Part II

Naimnut

Re: Tour - LDR300.V25 Buffered Preamp | Part II
« Reply #100 on: 5 Apr 2019, 07:05 pm »
Thanks for continuing to include me on the tour list - However, I've decided to explore options in a different direction at this time, so I will not need to audition your beautiful preamp. You can remove my name from the list...

Best regards,

Markus

tortugaranger

• Facilitator
  • Handcrafted high performance audio
    • Tortuga Audio
« Reply #101 on: 5 Apr 2019, 07:46 pm »
Will you be doing in order of signup or a ‘geogrphical shipping path’ across the country??
Whichever, but shipping might be lower for most if doing the latter.

Typically the list gets sorted by geographical location before we kick off the tour to minimize shipping costs for all involved. There may be exceptions such as the first 2-3 people who were on the prior tour list will go first regardless of location.

List update.  :thumb:

1 ) paul79 (OK)
2) audiogurujax (FL)
3) glynnw
4) Delta77
5) jriggy
6) GentleBender
7) teetee
9)
10)

bpape

• Industry Participant
  • I am serious and don't call my Shirley
    • Sensible Sound Solutions
« Reply #102 on: 6 Apr 2019, 07:16 pm »
I'm going to be in the market.  I'm in St. Louis if the tour is still going for a while.  I'm gone last week of May and 1st week of June but other than that....

tortugaranger

• Facilitator
    • Tortuga Audio
« Reply #103 on: 6 Apr 2019, 08:53 pm »
I'm going to be in the market.  I'm in St. Louis if the tour is still going for a while.  I'm gone last week of May and 1st week of June but other than that....

Added!

1 ) paul79 (OK)
2) audiogurujax (FL)
3) glynnw
4) Delta77
5) jriggy
6) GentleBender
7) teetee
8] bpape
9)

tortugaranger

• Facilitator
    • Tortuga Audio
« Reply #104 on: 8 Apr 2019, 02:53 pm »
An update on the tour timing.
Waiting on one last bit of new hardware to kick off the tour Part II. 

We've recently changed to a different model Cardas RCA jack. This jack model is designed to allow direct mounting of the RCA jack to a vertical circuit board which in turn also connects directly to the the preamp LDR and buffer circuit boards. This eliminates all point-to-point hand wiring of the input and output audio signals and minimizes the audio signal circuit path. Overall a cleaner, neater and higher quality build. We're waiting on those RCA interface boards to arrive from the fabricator. I expect those to arrive in about a week at which point we'll kick off the updated tour.

Cheers,
Morten  :thumb:

paul79

• Industry Participant
« Reply #105 on: 9 Apr 2019, 05:04 pm »
 :D

mrderrick

« Reply #106 on: 18 Apr 2019, 12:47 am »
PMs sent to participate in tour II.

tortugaranger

• Facilitator
    • Tortuga Audio
« Reply #107 on: 18 Apr 2019, 03:50 pm »
Updated tour list.
We'll be building the tour unit shortly and expect to ship it out to first participant in 2-3 days.

1 ) paul79 (OK)
2) audiogurujax (FL)
3) glynnw
4) Delta77
5) jriggy
6) GentleBender
7) teetee
8] bpape
9) mrderrick

charmerci

« Reply #108 on: 18 Apr 2019, 04:07 pm »
Sign me up - PM sent.

tortugaranger

• Facilitator
    • Tortuga Audio
« Reply #109 on: 18 Apr 2019, 05:30 pm »
And....we are full up! 

1 ) paul79 (OK)
2) audiogurujax (FL)
3) glynnw
4) Delta77
5) jriggy
6) GentleBender
7) teetee
8] bpape
9) mrderrick
10) charmerci

charmerci

« Reply #110 on: 18 Apr 2019, 05:57 pm »
Well, this is exciting... but I'll have to "forget" it because it takes such a LONG time for these things to come and I'll give myself medical problems if I'm too anxious for too long....!!!  8)

jriggy

« Reply #111 on: 18 Apr 2019, 07:25 pm »
Well, this is exciting... but I'll have to "forget" it because it takes such a LONG time for these things to come and I'll give myself medical problems if I'm too anxious for too long....!!!  8)

:lol: :lol: :lol: yeah! This one will probably be 20 weeks or so to completion once it starts.

tortugaranger

• Facilitator
    • Tortuga Audio
« Reply #112 on: 18 Apr 2019, 09:07 pm »
:lol: :lol: :lol: yeah! This one will probably be 20 weeks or so to completion once it starts.

If every participant kept the unit for no more than 1 week (7 days) and shipped it out on the 8th day and figure on 2 days average for shipping via USPS Priority Post that would be 10 weeks of possession plus 20 days (call it 3 weeks) of shipping/travel time so 13 weeks for 10 participants.

The deal is that nobody keeps the tour unit for more than 1 week. It arrives on a Monday, you ship it out no later than the following Tuesday.

Like you said, 20 weeks.  :duh:

charmerci

« Reply #113 on: 19 Apr 2019, 12:41 am »

It arrives on a Monday, you ship it out no later than the following Tuesday.

My days off are Thursday and Friday, so I hope not!  :)

jriggy

« Reply #114 on: 19 Apr 2019, 12:13 pm »
An update on the tour timing.
Waiting on one last bit of new hardware to kick off the tour Part II. 

We've recently changed to a different model Cardas RCA jack. This jack model is designed to allow direct mounting of the RCA jack to a vertical circuit board which in turn also connects directly to the the preamp LDR and buffer circuit boards. This eliminates all point-to-point hand wiring of the input and output audio signals and minimizes the audio signal circuit path. Overall a cleaner, neater and higher quality build. We're waiting on those RCA interface boards to arrive from the fabricator. I expect those to arrive in about a week at which point we'll kick off the updated tour.

Cheers,
Morten  :thumb:

Plenty else going, and summer will fly by anyway. It will give something to look forward to, besides yard work, and will be here before we know it!  :D
IME audio changes work in seasons anyway. It is indeed a process doing ones due diligence for a system. Took me a year and half to change speakers.

charmerci

« Reply #115 on: 19 Apr 2019, 03:35 pm »
Plenty else going, and summer will fly by anyway. It will give something to look forward to, besides yard work, and will be here before we know it!  :D
IME audio changes work in seasons anyway. It is indeed a process doing ones due diligence for a system. Took me a year and half to change speakers.

What? You mean audio is not your first priority? Then you can be last on the list!  :lol:

jriggy

« Reply #116 on: 19 Apr 2019, 04:02 pm »

What? You mean audio is not your first priority? Then you can be last on the list!  :lol:

Now hang on a sec! I obviously meant plenty other system related thing going. :wink:

charmerci

« Reply #117 on: 10 May 2019, 04:08 pm »
....so?

What's the word? Has it gone out yet?  :scratch:

tortugaranger

• Facilitator
    • Tortuga Audio
« Reply #118 on: 10 May 2019, 06:24 pm »
....so?

What's the word? Has it gone out yet?  :scratch:

Standby. We've made some product/company decisions this past week that impact this tour as originally conceived. Still sorting that out. Still planning on a tour...only different. More next week.

Tubeburner