ISOACOUSTICS OREO

Mariusz Uszynski

ISOACOUSTICS OREO
« on: 5 Dec 2021, 05:19 pm »
Hi guys, I'm thinking of adding IsoAcoustics Oreo on all of my components, amp 4B3, preamp BP-17/3 and cd player BCD-3.Should I take original feet out, or just add the new ones right beside.What's you take on that?Big thanks for help in advance.
« Last Edit: 25 Mar 2022, 09:49 pm by Mariusz Uszynski »

Big Red Machine

Re: ISOACOUSTICS OREO
« Reply #1 on: 5 Dec 2021, 05:35 pm »
If they are taller than the stock feet, then place them next to. If shorter, then just stack them. Isolating is a good thing. Same for speakers.

Mariusz Uszynski

« Reply #2 on: 5 Dec 2021, 05:40 pm »
Thanks, it makes sense.I have Gaia III on my speakers and sub and love them.

JLM

• The elephant normally IS the room
« Reply #3 on: 6 Dec 2021, 12:41 pm »
Try to match the compliance of isolation footers with the weight of the given component, most are sold based on appearance and are far too stiff to help.

Mariusz Uszynski

« Reply #4 on: 6 Dec 2021, 01:04 pm »
Try to match the compliance of isolation footers with the weight of the given component, most are sold based on appearance and are far too stiff to help.
Thank you JLM.

ric

« Reply #5 on: 6 Dec 2021, 02:31 pm »
I have orea's (oreo's sound more tasty!) under my TT, TT motor, Dac, power supply, int. tube amp, crossovers, and sub amp--basically everywhere there is a component. The only place I use the threaded (gaia's) is on the speakers.
Obviously I'm a huge fan, as my experience is an improvement in sound quality--the biggest being under the amp, then dac.
Have fun and enjoy!

Mariusz Uszynski

« Reply #6 on: 6 Dec 2021, 02:51 pm »
I have orea's (oreo's sound more tasty!) under my TT, TT motor, Dac, power supply, int. tube amp, crossovers, and sub amp--basically everywhere there is a component. The only place I use the threaded (gaia's) is on the speakers.
Obviously I'm a huge fan, as my experience is an improvement in sound quality--the biggest being under the amp, then dac.
Have fun and enjoy!
Oh man, you right it's OREA.Thank you for reply, I also have Gaia III under my speakers and sub and love them.I just have ordered Orea for all my gear, with option to return them, if not happy.But I doubt I'll return them.

FullRangeMan

• Volunteer
  • To whom more was given more will be required.
    • Never go to a psychiatrist, adopt a straycat or dog. On the street they live only two years average.
« Reply #7 on: 6 Dec 2021, 11:32 pm »
Hi,
The Starting Block Circle is really for people to introduce themselves.
This question/thread is best posted in the Bryston Circle, so I wll move it there for you now.

Mariusz Uszynski

« Reply #8 on: 6 Dec 2021, 11:34 pm »
Hi,
The Starting Block Circle is really for people to introduce themselves.
This question/thread is best posted in the Bryston Circle, so I wll move it there for you now.
Thank you.

ric

« Reply #9 on: 7 Dec 2021, 02:36 pm »
yes, for me it was a question of being satisfied with my overall sound, which means putting the icing on the cake and the Orea's work. I have also worked on upgrading some cables, power cords, and have a number of (to some) snake oil products, that work. Synergistic fuses and other products, Bybee technologies products and some room treatments all combine to take it to a level that I am satisfied with. It's important not only to use your ears, but be creative, and also listen over time and try to avoid snap judgements. Enjoy!

Mariusz Uszynski

« Reply #10 on: 7 Dec 2021, 02:41 pm »
I love "icing on the cake", so I ordered Orea for all my components.Thank you for reply.

Komoyuki

« Reply #11 on: 7 Dec 2021, 03:39 pm »
I use those IsoPuck on my preamplifier. All I can say is that to the touch there is much less vibration to the device than all of my other components. So I am thinking of buying some for the rest of my system. You won't regret it

vonnie123

« Reply #12 on: 7 Dec 2021, 04:46 pm »
I deploy them both ways.  I have two BDP-2s.  One using the IsoAcoustics Orea Bronze, and the other uses Alto Extremo LYD2.  Depends on the shelf you are using them with, and the feet height.  It looks better with the feet removed.  But you have to keep track of the feet :).  I placed mine back in the OEM box. 

Mariusz Uszynski

« Reply #13 on: 7 Dec 2021, 06:55 pm »
I deploy them both ways.  I have two BDP-2s.  One using the IsoAcoustics Orea Bronze, and the other uses Alto Extremo LYD2.  Depends on the shelf you are using them with, and the feet height.  It looks better with the feet removed.  But you have to keep track of the feet :).  I placed mine back in the OEM box.
Thank you for the advice, your small puppies brings a lot of good memories, I miss him.

Mariusz Uszynski

« Reply #14 on: 7 Dec 2021, 06:56 pm »
I use those IsoPuck on my preamplifier. All I can say is that to the touch there is much less vibration to the device than all of my other components. So I am thinking of buying some for the rest of my system. You won't regret it

Sounds good, many thanks.

toocool4

« Reply #15 on: 7 Dec 2021, 11:51 pm »
For something completely different I am using Symposium Rollerblocks under some equipment’s. Under my speakers I am using Isoacoustics Gaia carpet spikes, Symposium Rollerblock Jr, Symposium Svelte shelfs. Yes this combination cost more than the Isoacoustics Oreo or the Gaia feet, wow but it sounds amazing. :thumb:

Pics of Symposium Rollerblocks under my tape deck and the combination of Isoacoustic, symposium under my speakers.  Once you have tried Rollerblocks under your speakers, you may not go back I know I am not going back.

Mariusz Uszynski

« Reply #16 on: 7 Dec 2021, 11:55 pm »
For something completely different I am using Symposium Rollerblocks under some equipment’s. Under my speakers I am using Isoacoustics Gaia carpet spikes, Symposium Rollerblock Jr, Symposium Svelte shelfs. Yes this combination cost more than the Isoacoustics Oreo or the Gaia feet, wow but it sounds amazing. :thumb:

Pics of Symposium Rollerblocks under my tape deck and the combination of Isoacoustic, symposium under my speakers.  Once you have tried Rollerblocks under your speakers, you may not go back I know I am not going back.

Thank you.

vonnie123

« Reply #17 on: 22 Dec 2021, 03:12 pm »
Thank you for the advice, your small puppies brings a lot of good memories, I miss him.

Thank you.  Both pups are no longer with us.  The Cotton De Tulear just left us in November at 14.  The Silky Terrier passed in 2013.  They're gone, but still with you.....

mick wolfe

« Reply #18 on: 22 Dec 2021, 03:46 pm »
I've had excellent results with IsoAcoustics footers. In my case, the Orea Indigo's and their Mini Pucks. I would do my best to avoid removing the stock footers and stick to the suggestion already mentioned. If the ISO's are tall enough, position them under the component noting weight distribution due to the transformer.(s) In the case of a typical tube amp, 2 ISO's would be placed under the transformers with a single ISO in the front of the amp. If the stock footers are too tall, simply place them under the component's footers as already mentioned. The key is to choose the proper weight rated ISO in regard to the component.

Mariusz Uszynski

« Reply #19 on: 22 Dec 2021, 04:10 pm »
Thank you very much for excellent advice.