New member introduction

waterboy

New member introduction
« on: 10 May 2021, 03:49 pm »
Hi, just introducing myself. I'm new to GAS. Been into audio since my college days. My roommate had a nice Marantz system with JBL speakers and I've been hooked ever since. My current system is a Classe 15 amp, Classe 6 pre-amp, Innuos Zenith Mk3 streamer, Playback Design Merlot DAC, Skywire Audio cables, and KEF 107 speakers with REL Subs. Also have a Theta CD transport and a Meridian digital processor which don't get any use these days since I have started streaming Qobuz and Tidal. Just wanted to say hi to the group. I look forward to joining a local audiophile community. I'm in Crestwood.

Blackmore

Re: New member introduction
« Reply #1 on: 10 May 2021, 08:35 pm »
Welcome to AudioCircle. 

vinyldavid

• Collectorious Giganticus
« Reply #2 on: 10 May 2021, 09:35 pm »
Welcome to Gateway Audio Society!

Those KEF 107s are quite a nice speaker!  Enjoy them!

waterboy

« Reply #3 on: 10 May 2021, 11:19 pm »
Thank you. Vinyldavid, it's nice to find someone who is familiar with the KEF 107's. I've owned them since new and still find them remarkable. There are a LOT of nice speakers out there, but for some reason, the KEF's still sound "right" to me. I prefer them over the newer model KEF's and they are built like tanks. 30 years and I haven't touched them. I look forward to learning from others on this circle and joining the group.

vinyldavid

• Collectorious Giganticus
« Reply #4 on: 11 May 2021, 12:20 am »
KEF Ref series always sound very natural to me, especially compared to the competition.

I had some 105/2s, and was VERY unhappy about selling them, but. my main rig is better (and the cost has been very high) and there’s too many other speakers already 🤣.

If I didn’t have my big Dyns, the KEFs would have replaced my Bozak Concert Grands.

thunderbrick

• Volunteer
  • I'm just not right!
« Reply #5 on: 11 May 2021, 12:21 am »
 :thumb:

popthinker

« Reply #6 on: 11 May 2021, 01:28 am »
Welcome to GAS!

Nice system you've got. I have an Innuos ZENith Mk II. Nice to meet a fellow Zen streamer. Those guys offer great customer service for a great product.
Debbie

steve k

« Reply #7 on: 11 May 2021, 01:42 am »
Welcome aboard! I'm in Crestwood also. We should get together.

Steve