Presto Music — Hi-Res Downloads

newzooreview

Presto Music — Hi-Res Downloads
« on: 3 May 2021, 02:07 am »
I thought this might be of interest here.

I was looking for a couple of Arthur Rubinstein albums, and I was hitting a dead end. A lot of what I wanted was only available there as MP3s on Amazon or as used discs (with sellers even listing discs in "good" condition while noting "minor scuffs" on the playing surface.

So I searched on HDTracks and couldn't find what I wanted. Then I decided to try an internet search. Of course the first results were for Amazon and a couple of sites that are just databases/lists of releases.

Then I came to Presto Music. They seem to be legitimate, and they had the Rubinstein album that I wanted for about $10 as a hi-res download. In fact they had his 50 Masterworks (about 4 hours of music) as a download for about $17 while it only comes up as single-track MP3 on Amazon.

I'm probably very late to finding a download site that everyone already knows about, or my credit card is now being sold on the dark web.

Has anyone else bought from them?

rbbert

Re: Presto Music — Hi-Res Downloads
« Reply #1 on: 3 May 2021, 03:27 am »
Presto Classical is a highly respected retailer.  They repress many OOP CD’s in addition to downloads from MP3 quality to 24/192, and some 24/96 and other multichannel downloads as well.

Craig B

« Reply #2 on: 3 May 2021, 12:22 pm »
Presto is fantastic. I've been a regular customer for a couple of years, though I have to admit I've only ever bought discs from them. If I were interested in a download, though, I wouldn't hesitate to buy it from them.

sounddog

« Reply #3 on: 3 May 2021, 02:56 pm »
Presto is a great site. I have bought at least 2 dozen downloads of classical music over the past few years (mostly hirez and a few CD quality) and have never had any problems. I also recommend getting on their free weekly classical newsletter, which covers new releases, albums of the month and annual awards from Presto, Grammaphone and BBC, and artist interviews.

newzooreview

« Reply #4 on: 3 May 2021, 03:26 pm »
Cool. I'm glad I found the site.

Happy listening!  :thumb: