D1 ic Dave's Original !

jtcf

D1 ic Dave's Original !
« on: 28 Apr 2021, 12:24 am »
Back when I first tried several of Dave's ics I ended up purchasing the DSR because it was the best fit between amp and pre,but the D1 impressed me with how clear and sweet it was.I just filed that away in my aural memory "just in case".After acquiring a Modright 100SE as an ss alternate to use instead of tubes in the summer months it's taken some time to get it to play nice with my Harbeths. The higher gain with the forward (but lovely) mids of the speakers = shouty vocals.After reconfiguring everything over the last couple of months and realizing nothing from my "leftover box" was quite right I thought maybe this is the time for the D1.

I received the D1s today and right away there is a really positive difference. Clearer and much better balanced, no more shout and more natural dynamics. They replaced the Silnote pair between Dac and pre.Just a much better match with this amp.

jtcf

Re: D1 ic Dave's Original !
« Reply #1 on: 28 Apr 2021, 03:27 pm »
Despite never being happy with a loom of other brands in the past I seem to be slowly heading in that direction with Dave's cables.There always seems to be a perfect match to be found......
« Last Edit: 28 Apr 2021, 04:53 pm by jtcf »

DaveC113

• Facilitator
  • ZenWaveAudio.com
Re: D1 ic Dave's Original !
« Reply #2 on: 12 May 2021, 04:16 pm »
Hi, Thanks so much for your review jtcf!  :thumb:

As I've introduced higher end cables the D1 has been forgotten but I think it's still one of the best cables you can get for the money. UPOCC copper from tip to tip, rhodium plated plugs, and litz-type signal wire for <$200/pair!

I think people often look towards cable companies whose highest end offering is similar to their budget, but I'd put my D1 up against any cable from any of the trendy or hyped new cable companies.

I still offer free demos, so if anyone is interested please let me know!  :)