Ninja Gaiden= NINJA GOD DAMN!!

mcrespo71

« on: 31 May 2004, 05:33 am »
Man, this is an amazing game.  A friend lent it to me and I will definitely buy this when it drops to $20.  A really tough game, but being a badass Ninja can't be easy!

Michael

Rob Babcock

• Volunteer
« Reply #1 on: 31 May 2004, 05:48 am »
That's one thing that's kept me from getting it- I've read the difficulty level is maddening.  I'm not exceptionally good at action games, though I really like them...I tend to get frustrated after a certain amount of ass whoopings.  (Ain't that right, Brian?  :wink: ).

The game is gorgeous though.

bubba966

« Reply #2 on: 31 May 2004, 06:01 am »
Quote from: Rob Babcock
I'm not exceptionally good at action games, though I really like them...I tend to get frustrated after a certain amount of ass whoopings.  (Ain't that right, Brian?  :wink: ).

Yup. :lol:

sunshinedawg

« Reply #3 on: 31 May 2004, 06:46 am »
It is definitely a hard game.  The lack of save points is really annoying.  That being said, I have really enjoyed this game.

Woodsea

« Reply #4 on: 31 May 2004, 05:29 pm »
I agree, gorgeous graphics and storyline is swell.  The toughness can be helped by all the walkthru's that are availlable (only if you need it)

mcrespo71

« Reply #5 on: 31 May 2004, 05:31 pm »
Yeah, the lack of save points really sucks, but the game is just awesome.  However, I am an above average gamer and I'm having a very hard time with this.  I think gamers that are not so good will have a hell of a time with this one.  The graphics are the best I've seen on any console.

Michael

chino

« Reply #6 on: 31 May 2004, 09:37 pm »
Ive just finished this game the other day. yeah really really tough indeed towards the end. but the final boss was kinda easy tho. got the light saber sword thing and an ugly fancy new white costume. Didnt use any walkthru througout. I couldve missed some goodies. yeah awesome graphics! Now Im off to pandora box next.

mcrespo71

« Reply #7 on: 31 May 2004, 09:47 pm »
I'm not too far yet, but I just got some num-chucks (sp?) and they aren't very effective.  Do these get better as you upgrade them?  I like cutting off guys heads with the dragon sword, so I'm gonna upgrade this all the way.

Michael

sunshinedawg

« Reply #8 on: 1 Jun 2004, 04:02 am »
Quote from: mcrespo71
I'm not too far yet, but I just got some num-chucks (sp?) and they aren't very effective.  Do these get better as you upgrade them?  I like cutting off guys heads with the dragon sword, so I'm gonna upgrade this all the way.

Michael

There is another weapon that is just like the chucks but more powerful, it is the flail.  I can't remember exactly where you get it, but I think it is best of the two.

chino

« Reply #9 on: 1 Jun 2004, 05:32 am »
Quote from: mcrespo71

Michael

yup the flail which is similar to the chucks but with blades. Which is very effective against those annoying 'ghost fish' . But yeah keep upgrading the dragon sword till it becomes the true dragon sword which is the most powerful compared to others acquired throughout the game. Oh absorbing one (or if you can two) essence will be very destructive against enemies with the dragon sword... you'll like it. Block/counter-attack move is a must sometimes if not all the time. Also side-stepping then attack move. Whenever you get a chance to buy more spirit elixirs(?), max them if you can. It does helps eventho health is restored by a bit. great spirit elixir can be earned along the way but it'll be handy if you have atleast one. Good luck!  :wink: