TAS PMC DB1i review

mvwhiting_83

• Ask me speaker related questions!
    • PMC Speakers
« Last Edit: 20 Jan 2011, 10:31 pm by mvwhiting_83 »

TONEPUB

Re: TAS PMC DB1i review
« Reply #1 on: 20 Jan 2011, 10:32 pm »
We've got a review this issue as well.  Looks like everyone agrees that these are great little speakers!

http://www.tonepublications.com/MAGPDF/TA_034.pdf

Wind Chaser

« Reply #2 on: 21 Jan 2011, 01:16 am »
Was curious about them but a little put off by the price for such a tiny little mini monitor.  Totem Mites went down to 50 Hz as well for a lot less money.  Not saying the Mites are in the same league as the DB1i, but for that kind of money…

mvwhiting_83

• Ask me speaker related questions!
    • PMC Speakers
« Reply #3 on: 21 Jan 2011, 10:05 pm »
Was curious about them but a little put off by the price for such a tiny little mini monitor.  Totem Mites went down to 50 Hz as well for a lot less money.  Not saying the Mites are in the same league as the DB1i, but for that kind of money…

Demo them if you can... Listen to their low level playback, 45-65 db, then the loud level playback, 85-95db... You will not hear a difference where you most definitely would with the Mites.

Diamond Dog

• Chameleon, Comedian, Corinthian and Caricature
« Reply #4 on: 22 Jan 2011, 07:28 am »
Demo them if you can... Listen to their low level playback, 45-65 db, then the loud level playback, 85-95db... You will not hear a difference where you most definitely would with the Mites.

I'll vouch for that aspect of PMC design based on personal experience. Most of my listening is done @ lower levels and the performance of PMC's in that situation was one of the major deciding factors in my buying a pair of them ( in my case the FB1i ).

D.