New Spinal Cords days from shipping!!

8thnerve

New Spinal Cords days from shipping!!
« on: 14 Jul 2004, 04:54 pm »
We have finally completed production setup for the new Spinal Cord, and our first shipment is scheduled to arrive in less than 2 weeks.  Pricing this product has been difficult, so we are going to try something new.  The Spinal Cord in a 6 foot length will be $299 and will be stocked for immediate shipping.  Any other length under 12 feet will be $399 and will require a 2 week build time.

I welcome all feedback about this pricing setup.  The reason for a large discount on the 6 foot cord is that we will order them in larger quantities and will therefore avoid huge labor fees as this is an intensive cable to build.

This power cord is meant to be compared to ANY and ALL power cords out there, at any price.  If you are looking for exaggerated bass and dynamics, high frequency noise that people mistake for "air", or attributes that reach out and grab you upon first listen, this cable is NOT for you.  This cable is designed to be entirely neutral.  It should not jump out at you, but sneak up on you.  It is quiet, accurate, full, and completely true to the source, creating an unpolluted conduit from the outlet to your equipment.  This results in the most musical presentation you can get from any power cord on the market.

To recap on pricing:

Spinal Cord: $399 in any length under 12 feet.
$100 off 6 foot lengths for a total of $299 - 6ft.

Owners of previous versions of Spinal Cords are welcome to trade them in for the new 6 foot Spinal Cord for $99.

SWG255

New Spinal cord with Carver ZR 1600?
« Reply #1 on: 14 Jul 2004, 06:21 pm »
Nathan,

What might I expect in the way of improved sonics using the new Spinal Cord with my Eighth Nerve modified Carver ZR-1600?

I've heard that upgraded power cords are also recommended for preamps and digital sources, so I may also be interested in one for my modified Sony SCD-1.

Thanks,
Stan

Quote from: 8thnerve
We have finally completed production setup for the new Spinal Cord, and our first shipment is scheduled to arrive in less than 2 weeks.  Pricing this product has been difficult, so we are going to try something new.  The Spinal Cord in a 6 foot length will be $299 and will be stocked for immediate shipping.  Any other length under 12 feet will be $399 and will require a 2 week build time.

I welcome all feedback about this pricing setup.  The reason for a large discount on the 6 foot cord is that we will  ...

8thnerve

Re: New Spinal cord with Carver ZR 1600?
« Reply #2 on: 14 Jul 2004, 07:33 pm »
Quote from: SWG255
Nathan,

What might I expect in the way of improved sonics using the new Spinal Cord with my Eighth Nerve modified Carver ZR-1600?

Used with any component, you'll notice a lower noise floor, improved pace and timing, and a truly balanced sonic spectrum where the bass, midrange and treble cease being seperate entities, and become a seamless presentation.