FS: Altec Model 19 w/ new xover/hookup wire/bind posts (New England) PICTURES!

spwal

Great chance to own a fantastic pair of dark walnut Altec Model 19, home version of Voice of the Theater. Located in Boston MA.

I DID ALL THE LOVING WORK SO THAT ALL YOU HAVE TO DO IS ENJOY!

Great condition.  I have all the original parts in a bag included with sale to preserve appreciating collectibility. 

1) New, professionally built crossover with solens and brand spanking new L-pads. $$$

2) Heavy guage copper hookup wire throughout, much better than original.

3) Modern binding gold plated binding posts to accomodate bananas and spades (i have the original pushbindings as well w/ sale)

4) Walker super silver treatment throughout.

Excellent condition black cloth grilles with both badges and no snags.

Excellent acoustics to be expected from one of the world's great loudspeaker.  These are simply too expensive to produce these days.

Made in U S A.

No foamrot, because the drivers dont have foam.  No running or drips from the rib sealer on the drivers.

No burns, smokesmell, etc.  I oil these babies and keep them dust free!

GORGEOUS SOUND, a beauty and a beast to look at.

The price is the best you will find, and there are probably a handful of these speakers in New England... I only know of several other pairs here.

Localish delivery available, as I have an SUV that can move these.  Only reason for sale is current space issues in my apartment.

Act fast before I put these up on audiogon or ebay, where they will be gone with a buy it now in no time.  rest assured im legit, i love this stuff as much as you do!

Thank you.  Please PM me, then we can talk on the phone. I look forward to hearing from you. 

spwal
« Last Edit: 22 Oct 2007, 05:10 pm by spwal »

spwal

Hi.

I have owned many speakers in the last year and know alot intimately.  What I attempted to do here with the 19s, after much research, was get the single point source detail and imaging of a singledriver speaker, combined with the low end grunt of a massive multi way.

The 19 does this in spades.  When was the last time a made in USA large format speaker sold for well under 2k?  Very flat and accurate across the spectrum, especially because values are all intact on the crossover since they are brand spaking new (less than 200 hours of break in tops).  I was running these with a 12 wpc aleph mini, and they sang.  They do even better with my 50 wpc amp.  I can only imagine how more power increases low end response!

Do yourself a favor.  For the price, there is none better.  Cool factor is also off the charts.

Plink

I recently heard Model 19s and wow, were they fantastic.  If I could do it, I would jump at the chance but alas, I cannot.

spwal

Thank you for the kind words.  If not for space issues, they would likely be the end of my musical journey.

Right Top

Right Horn

Right Dial

Right Woofer

Right Woofer close up

Left Top

Left Base (Easily replaceable, not worth bothering about)

Left Horn

Left Woofer

Xover Front Immaculate

Xover Before

Xover After

spwal

Official Specs from the brochiere

spwal

A few more pictures

jrebman

Somebody in N.E. is going to be very lucky to get these. Are you sure you won't drive them out to Colorado? :D.

I've got no room for them anyway, but when I see things like this it always gets me to pondering the possibilities.

Good luck with the sale,

Jim

spwal

weekend bump

spwal

still available after a "sure thing" fell through.  much interest, nothing firm.

thank you

spwal

krikor

• Initiative comes to those who wait.
    • AudioSnoop.com
Did I read past the price you are asking?  Did not see any in the description.

thanks.

spwal

sale pending.