Sonny

Re: Missing this guy...John...MISS YOU MAN
« Reply #1 on: 24 Jan 2021, 08:16 pm »

Bill's too tall, so I had to put him horizontal.  :lol:

S Clark

• a riot is the language of the unheard- Dr. King
« Reply #2 on: 24 Jan 2021, 10:43 pm »

I never had the pleasure to meet John TCG, but when I was a newbie around here there was no one more welcoming and willing to share turntable wisdom.  His support guided me to mount a cartridge successfully... something I'd botched in the past leading me astray toward B&O turntables. 
He is still missed. 

Big Red Machine

« Reply #3 on: 25 Jan 2021, 01:01 pm »
Met him at RMAF. Stuck with me for years how nice a fellow he was.

Letitroll98

• Volunteer
  • Too loud is just right
« Reply #4 on: 25 Jan 2021, 02:14 pm »
I never met John in person, but we talked so much online and in PM's that I considered him a friend.  He's the one who pointed me to Audio Circle and offered guidance when I was here.  A great person, kind and giving, while being a brilliant entrepreneur.  I still own a Magnacart, I believe Milwaukee Tool has purchased the brand.

Don_S

« Reply #5 on: 25 Jan 2021, 07:59 pm »
I met John when he hosted an event with Duke LeJeune. A gracious host. I stopped folding and putting my Magna Cart away because I use it too frequently. One task is hauling audio equipment. I also use it to haul groceries from my mud room entrance to my kitchen.

I bought the Magna Cart before I met John and was pleasantly surprised when I found out he was the mastermind.

Thank you John.  You are remembered well. :beer:

low.pfile

« Reply #6 on: 26 Jan 2021, 03:56 am »
A Very nice post Tuan,
I was lucky enough to meet John (thechairguy), you and Bill, at a few SFBayArea meetups you all hosted back when I first joined AC. I learned a lot back then, John was so sharing with his knowledge and experience. Fun days!

enjoy your music!

Rocket

« Reply #7 on: 26 Jan 2021, 04:02 am »
Hi Guys,

Yep he was a great guy.  Always helpful and I really liked his vinyl threads.

Cheers Rod

Sonny

« Reply #8 on: 28 Jan 2021, 04:20 pm »
I am so glad that you guys had the same experience I had with John.  Always a classy guy.  Very generous and just an all around super person.  I still don't know what exactly happened, but know that I miss his friendship and this his family the best.

RIP my friend.  You are well missed by the Circle Community. 

Tuan

Rocket

« Reply #9 on: 29 Jan 2021, 05:26 pm »
Hi,

I live in Perth, Western Australia, and I had many conversations with John.  Such a gentleman and to be fondly remembered by so many people after all this time is a testament to how nice he was.

Cheers Rod

ArthurDent

• Don't Panic / Mostly Harmless
« Reply #10 on: 29 Jan 2021, 07:34 pm »
My experience with John was much the same as others have noted. While I never met him, we did exchange a number of PMs, and I felt he was a good friend even though our only contact was here. His courtesy, generosity, and expertise was shared freely. He was welcoming to all newcomers on AC, and I'm sure with others outside our online family. A truly good man. He is and will be missed by those whose life he touched for a long time to come. Rest in Peace TCG, your presence here was something we can all strive to emulate.

Thanks for the thought Tuan.