RMAF new stuff, new stuff.... (pics on page 2)

Danny Richie

Re: RMAF new stuff, new stuff.... (pics on page 2)
« Reply #140 on: 20 Sep 2012, 06:56 pm »
What is the height of the tweeter? (Chair question - how tall should my chair be..I really like my earsto be very close to the height of thw tweeter(s))

These drivers have a lot of overlap (tweeter to mids), the phase relationship is near perfect, and the vertical dispersion changes very little with change in height. So this is not a critical issue at all.

jimdgoulding

« Reply #141 on: 20 Sep 2012, 07:05 pm »
I like the full screen better, too.  Do you have a pair to demo in house?

Danny Richie

« Reply #142 on: 20 Sep 2012, 07:12 pm »
I like the full screen better, too.  Do you have a pair to demo in house?

I have this pair in house until RMAF. After that who knows where they might go. I never like to haul too much back from the show. Show specials, show specials....

Hugh

• Industry Participant
    • Angel City Audio
« Reply #143 on: 20 Sep 2012, 07:13 pm »
I'll bite. 75% off? :)
I have this pair in house until RMAF. After that who knows where they might go. I never like to haul too much back from the show. Show specials, show specials....

Skiman

« Reply #144 on: 20 Sep 2012, 07:24 pm »

I'm going to have to leave my credit cards and check book at home, and not drive my pickup when I attend this year's RMAF.  :lol:

jimdgoulding

« Reply #145 on: 20 Sep 2012, 07:27 pm »
What is a ballpark price you would consider?  Thanks.

Danny Richie

« Reply #146 on: 20 Sep 2012, 07:38 pm »
What is a ballpark price you would consider?  Thanks.

See PM.

cleestedwood

« Reply #147 on: 20 Sep 2012, 07:43 pm »
Danny, is it possible for you to design a retrofit to add two of the Neo-10"s to the top end of the Super-V ? 

Danny Richie

« Reply #148 on: 20 Sep 2012, 07:49 pm »
Danny, is it possible for you to design a retrofit to add two of the Neo-10"s to the top end of the Super-V ?

No.

MaxCast

« Reply #149 on: 20 Sep 2012, 08:01 pm »
What is the base made of?

SoCalWJS

« Reply #150 on: 20 Sep 2012, 08:05 pm »
See PM.
Sounding like the show pair will be gone quick (if I weren't flying in.................)

Anything else that you "don't want to take back"? How about Dave and the rest of the gang?????? :green:

Danny Richie

« Reply #151 on: 20 Sep 2012, 08:11 pm »
What is the base made of?

MDF. And I am pretty sure it is just screwed on.

jn316

« Reply #152 on: 20 Sep 2012, 08:22 pm »
Rich, you better get in quick if you want the show speakers again!

jn316

« Reply #153 on: 20 Sep 2012, 08:24 pm »
I never like to haul too much back from the show. Show specials, show specials....

If that goes for Dave's stuff too, I'll bring an external disk drive for your mini in exchange for the BatteryBuss!
 8)

HAL

• Industry Contributor
« Reply #154 on: 20 Sep 2012, 08:30 pm »
Gary,
I will watch the feeding frenzy at the show!  Should be interesting to see who the high bidder is!

Looks like an auction is happening! :)

SoCalWJS

« Reply #155 on: 20 Sep 2012, 08:36 pm »
If that goes for Dave's stuff too, I'll bring an external disk drive for your mini in exchange for the BatteryBuss!
 8)
If Dave doesn't have the desire to haul some of his new cables or power cords back, I'll pack light so there's some room in my suitcase.... :icon_twisted:

DeeJayBump

« Reply #156 on: 20 Sep 2012, 08:49 pm »
Full grill looks better to me as well.

gregfisk

• Restricted
  • Us alone in the universe? sure is a waste of SPACE
« Reply #157 on: 20 Sep 2012, 09:14 pm »
I like the no bow tie look better as well.  For me I would change the feet somehow, not sure how, and decrease the radius on the front lower corner of the side
panels.  Just my 2 cents worth.

I agree with all of this, if you decrease the radius on the bottom of the sides it will look more sleek. For the base you could come out far enough forward so that
the feet can stick out straight to the sides in front of the speaker or you could widen the base to the edge of the speaker and have the feet come out straight
forward. Or you could start at the back woofer box edge of the speaker and grandually angle the feet outword as they come forward to the desired location.
Anyway, just some thoughts......

tull skull

• I can't send hare in search of anything!
« Reply #158 on: 20 Sep 2012, 11:28 pm »
I agree with all of this, if you decrease the radius on the bottom of the sides it will look more sleek. For the base you could come out far enough forward so that
the feet can stick out straight to the sides in front of the speaker or you could widen the base to the edge of the speaker and have the feet come out straight
forward. Or you could start at the back woofer box edge of the speaker and grandually angle the feet outword as they come forward to the desired location.
Anyway, just some thoughts......

And I agree with all this... :)

I think one thing to remember is we are all Danny fans and we can recognize the heritage of this speaker immediately. I think you will get a lot of valuable feedback at the show Danny and can modify the speaker as you see fit.

I do think peoples' judgement does come into question when their lower jaw is on the floor though, so you might want to keep that in mind though :D

jtwrace

• www.theintellectualpeoplepodcast.com
    • TIPP YouTube Channel
« Reply #159 on: 20 Sep 2012, 11:32 pm »
I didn't realize this was the Super-7 redesign thread.   :lol: