New DMC•1 Digital Music Console (music player)

MikeInAustin

Re: New DMC•1 Digital Music Console (music player)
« Reply #60 on: 2 Jul 2020, 08:20 pm »
I have one of these en route.  Looking for a user manual on the website and don't see it.  Is that available?

CIAudio

« Reply #61 on: 2 Jul 2020, 08:34 pm »
I have one of these en route.  Looking for a user manual on the website and don't see it.  Is that available?

As of now, there is an Introduction and QuickStart Guide in the box to get up and running.
Operation is fairly intuitive with play, pause, forward, back, volume etc.
In the settings, there is an information tab next to each function describing its use, but the majority should be left at the default.

I am working on advanced features page, which will go into detail of NAS configuration, library navigation, filter and upsampling options etc.
This will be accessed by the HELP section in AudioFile Player, and will also be on the DMC product page along with specifications.
We're a little behind on this due to the high demand and trying to keep up with orders, but hope to have all on the website in a week or so.
In the meantime, feel free to email or call us with any questions.

Thanks,
Dusty

Paulie

« Reply #62 on: 3 Jul 2020, 04:10 am »
As of now, there is an Introduction and QuickStart Guide in the box to get up and running.
Operation is fairly intuitive with play, pause, forward, back, volume etc.
In the settings, there is an information tab next to each function describing its use, but the majority should be left at the default.

I am working on advanced features page, which will go into detail of NAS configuration, library navigation, filter and upsampling options etc.
This will be accessed by the HELP section in AudioFile Player, and will also be on the DMC product page along with specifications.
We're a little behind on this due to the high demand and trying to keep up with orders, but hope to have all on the website in a week or so.
In the meantime, feel free to email or call us with any questions.

Thanks,
Dusty

Perfect.  I had the DMC up and running in no time, but I'm pretty comfortable with networks settings.  I have a few services running at home that I access via browser anyway, so adding a bookmark to the DMC was no problem.  I always forget the proper formatting for shared network drives though so I had to remember that.  But once I did, the DMC scanned and indexed my music that resides on my NAS.  Qobuz login was easy too.

I'm pretty impressed with how smooth the UI is, particularly on my iPhone.  My main quibble is with the software volume control--it was very hard to use the volume slider on my iPhone.

I love having a good-looking box for a streamer, and having a good DAC is just icing on the cake!

MikeInAustin

« Reply #63 on: 4 Jul 2020, 03:28 am »
I am up and running.  I did have to call Dusty to get going but that shouldn't scare anyone because I am clueless.  Had my Wife helping me push the proper buttons.

I have no NAS or any network files, all I'm doing is streaming's Qobuz.  My intro to streaming was Node 2i which lasted 29 days before it started the notorious popping noises and sent it back this week.  I ran that unit out to a Peachtree Nova 150 via Toslink and RCA so I could toggle to see what sounded best.  There was no consensus. 

I've never owned an outboard dac.  The DMC1 is a dramatic upgrade in sound quality over the Node 2i.  If you have a Node, and don't have a dac, and wondering what your next step might be, here you go.

CIAudio

« Reply #64 on: 4 Jul 2020, 04:14 pm »
I am up and running.  I did have to call Dusty to get going but that shouldn't scare anyone because I am clueless.  Had my Wife helping me push the proper buttons.

I have no NAS or any network files, all I'm doing is streaming's Qobuz.  My intro to streaming was Node 2i which lasted 29 days before it started the notorious popping noises and sent it back this week.  I ran that unit out to a Peachtree Nova 150 via Toslink and RCA so I could toggle to see what sounded best.  There was no consensus. 

I've never owned an outboard dac.  The DMC1 is a dramatic upgrade in sound quality over the Node 2i.  If you have a Node, and don't have a dac, and wondering what your next step might be, here you go.

Glad you’re liking the DMC•1... the internal DAC circuit is very good. I doubt you can beat it’s performance with an outboard unless spending more than the cost of DMC itself.

Happy streaming! (& Happy 4th!)

Paulie

« Reply #65 on: 6 Jul 2020, 12:26 am »
the internal DAC circuit is very good. I doubt you can beat it’s performance with an outboard unless spending more than the cost of DMC itself.

I can vouch for that.  Having been through my share of fancy outboard DACs, the circuit in the DMC is a top-notch performer.

keenween

« Reply #66 on: 9 Jul 2020, 02:23 am »
I am excited to see this has been released!

Glad you’re liking the DMC•1... the internal DAC circuit is very good. I doubt you can beat it’s performance with an outboard unless spending more than the cost of DMC itself.

Happy streaming! (& Happy 4th!)

How is the DAC subjectively compared to VDA2? I would like to minimize components in my system but it never seems the same without the VDA2. :)

Can the USB output to the Transient MKII? Would the USB out mute RCA out, or could you feed a second system simultaneously?

Is there a setting for maximum volume output on the analog or a volume limiter? My concern is one of my kids flipping the volume too loud if the DMC is run directly to an amp.

What about multiple DMC units, is the software able to control multiple units? Could they be synchronized?

Will a matching headphone amplifier make a debut?

I enjoy all my CI Audio gear and have always had the best customer service. Also, website is looking great with the numerous updates!

CIAudio

« Reply #67 on: 9 Jul 2020, 12:52 pm »
I am excited to see this has been released!

How is the DAC subjectively compared to VDA2? I would like to minimize components in my system but it never seems the same without the VDA2. :)

Can the USB output to the Transient MKII? Would the USB out mute RCA out, or could you feed a second system simultaneously?

Is there a setting for maximum volume output on the analog or a volume limiter? My concern is one of my kids flipping the volume too loud if the DMC is run directly to an amp.

What about multiple DMC units, is the software able to control multiple units? Could they be synchronized?

Will a matching headphone amplifier make a debut?

I enjoy all my CI Audio gear and have always had the best customer service. Also, website is looking great with the numerous updates!

The internal DAC of DMC has similar traits to VDA•2 but DMC is superior in all areas and also offers more flexibility with several digital filter and resolution options.

You can connect a USB DAC such as Transient but only one output device can be selected at a time.
Using the internal volume control, there is no adjustable limit. Care must be taken when using this way (I still prefer having an analog control).

Up to 5 devices can be controlled by AudioFile Player. There is no sync feature at this time but our software team is looking into it.

A new headphone amp is a possibility but nothing coming in the near future.
Speakers are the current focus and will be the next release.

Thanks for supporting CIAudio!

keenween

« Reply #68 on: 10 Jul 2020, 04:52 pm »
Thanks for the info Dusty!

CIAudio

« Reply #69 on: 11 Jul 2020, 02:01 pm »

I think this is the best digital music player/streamer on the market and so far customers seem to agree.
Several have replaced much more expensive gear from Lumin, Bryston, Auralic, Mytek etc., and find DMC out-performs them.

AudioCircle promotion ends on July 15th. Last chance to get DMC•1 for $500 off!
Made in USA/5 year warranty.
Call or email us for details.

CIAudio
(805) 984-8282

mresseguie

• SW1X DAC+ D Sachs 300b + Daedalus Apollos = Heaven
« Reply #70 on: 11 Jul 2020, 04:46 pm »
Success!

Thank you, Dusty for awesome phone support. [This man has the patience of a saint.]

Nordkapp

« Reply #71 on: 11 Jul 2020, 06:49 pm »
Success!

Thank you, Dusty for awesome phone support. [This man has the patience of a saint.]
Haha. He sure does!