NX-Otica kits are ready to ship.

rich121

Re: NX-Otica kits are ready to ship.
« Reply #80 on: 11 Nov 2019, 01:42 pm »
Read thru the thread and still have questions.

The original thread stated "limited to 10 pairs" made with the  Neo 3 tweeter... is this still the case and 10 pairs have not sold, or a source for the Neo 3 tweeter has been found.... or, this tweeter is NOT currently being used?

I did not see anything mentioning amplifier power range. I use a pair of QuickSilver V4 mono tube amps, new version with the KT150 tubes that have a maximum 170 watt output.  I also have a HK Citation II amp that is around 60 watts, but would rather use the QuickSilver amps.

Very curious about this or the NX-Treme speakers. 

Danny Richie

« Reply #81 on: 11 Nov 2019, 02:26 pm »
Read thru the thread and still have questions.

The original thread stated "limited to 10 pairs" made with the  Neo 3 tweeter... is this still the case and 10 pairs have not sold, or a source for the Neo 3 tweeter has been found.... or, this tweeter is NOT currently being used?

I did not see anything mentioning amplifier power range. I use a pair of QuickSilver V4 mono tube amps, new version with the KT150 tubes that have a maximum 170 watt output.  I also have a HK Citation II amp that is around 60 watts, but would rather use the QuickSilver amps.

Very curious about this or the NX-Treme speakers.

We have our own Neo 3 tweeters now. So no issues there. And they sound even better.

Power recommendations is at least 10 watts or more.

Both NX-Otica and NX-Treme models are ready to ship.

RonP

« Reply #82 on: 1 Dec 2019, 01:05 am »
Couple of minor questions:

The NX-Oticas use M165s ( reading your .com website and the first page of this thread ) but the NX-Treme's use M165-16s?

What are the heights of the NX-Oticas and NX-Extremes?

thanks

Danny Richie

« Reply #83 on: 3 Dec 2019, 12:15 am »
Couple of minor questions:

The NX-Oticas use M165s ( reading your .com website and the first page of this thread ) but the NX-Treme's use M165-16s?

What are the heights of the NX-Oticas and NX-Extremes?

thanks

The NX-Otica is 52.5" tall plus the bass and floor spikes. The NX-Treme is just over 7 feet tall.

Captainhemo

« Reply #84 on: 4 Dec 2019, 07:03 pm »
Yup,  52.5  & 82.5  plus bases/floor spikes
All the  M165xx  drivers  share the same flange  diameter (7.25" ) os   the version does not effect  cabinet height.

jay

TRADERXFAN

• Trillions will vanish... it's a debt blackhole.
    • GALLERY
« Reply #85 on: 1 Jun 2023, 01:29 pm »

The cumulative spectral decay looks super clean too.

Hi Danny,

I was looking at these and it has some unusual tails here.... what is going on and why don't they matter?
The Nx studio doesn't have this very much, but the nx-treme seems to as well...

Thanks!
Tony

TRADERXFAN

• Trillions will vanish... it's a debt blackhole.
    • GALLERY
« Reply #86 on: 1 Jun 2023, 05:07 pm »
Also, looking at the waveguide... why not a bigger roundover on it to the baffle? seems like that would be smoother, this one looks a little sharp... did you have constraints or didn't see much effect if you tried it?
(just going off of what I learned from Gedlees/Geddes)

-Tony

Danny Richie

« Reply #87 on: 2 Jun 2023, 08:04 pm »
In the top end there are some small trails in that one. It varies from tweeter to tweeter a little and how they interact with the wave guide and edges.

Down low is a little reflection of the woofers response going into and out of the wave guide.

All in all it is not too bad and pretty clean overall.