12" Rythmik sub in white oak

jsalk

12" Rythmik sub in white oak
« on: 16 Oct 2019, 08:37 pm »
A while ago, a customer ordered a 12" Rythmik subwoofer in "white oak."  So we built a cabinet and veneered it with white oak.

It turns out, what he really wanted was "white washed oak," a totally different finish.

So we built a new cabinet for him and have this cabinet available to install the sub and plate amp in.

Here is a picture of the cabinet...

White oak is actually quite popular these days.  So it was a easy to understand miscommunication.

The bottom line is that if you were looking for a 12" Rythmik sub and white oak would work for you, there would be little time involved in completing this one.

- Jim

JRMNorth

Re: 12" Rythmik sub in white oak
« Reply #1 on: 1 Oct 2020, 07:12 pm »
Hi,

Just wondering if this sub cabinet is still available.  It has been a awhile since it was posted - I dont see that it was sold yet.  It would go good with my old Infinity Infinitesimals (which really need a sub)

Thanks,

John

jsalk

« Reply #2 on: 1 Oct 2020, 07:25 pm »
Yes, it is still available.

- Jim

JRMNorth

« Reply #3 on: 1 Oct 2020, 08:42 pm »
Hi Jim,

Thanks for the quick response. 

I think it would work well with my 1978 Infinity Infinitesimals.  They are very small monitors with 5" mid - they are also white oak - at least the end caps and trim.  They sound good - even my wife likes them.  They just dont have much bass.  I have a small 10 x 10.5' office for them in our new old house.  They are 42 years old - I should take the bass load off of them at their age. 

I have a few questions:

-  Do you use the standard 370W PEQ F12 amp and driver? 
-  What is the cost?
-  What is the build time?
-  Could I have you match the sub to my Infinitys?

Thanks,

John

JRMNorth

« Reply #4 on: 1 Oct 2020, 08:54 pm »
If it is better to talk by phone let me know.  My number is (231) 342-1217.  I am on Grosse Ile.

Have a good evening!

John