Dan Fogelberg
« on: 9 Jun 2010, 03:38 am »

Souvenirs

and The Innocent Age

A couple of recent LP's are some good listening! :D

95Dyna

Re: Dan Fogelberg
« Reply #1 on: 10 Jun 2010, 06:31 pm »
May he rest in peace.  I have the Innocent Age which I bought new when it first came out.  I've developed two traditions from that album over the years.  I get it out every year on Kentucky Derby and Fathers Day to listen to "Run for the Roses" and "The Leader of the Band".  "Leader of the Band" chokes me up everytime I listen to it.  No, I don't listen to "Same Old Lang Zyne" on New Years Eve.  This is a great album and I look forward to restoring it and playing it once I get my new VPI Classic set up and receive the 16.5 record cleaner.

Wayner

« Reply #2 on: 10 Jun 2010, 08:31 pm »
I like Sand and the Foam.

:D

95Dyna

« Reply #3 on: 3 Oct 2010, 03:49 am »
DAN FOGELBERG UPDATE

My daughter was married this past Saturday on the beach at Rehoboth Beach, Delaware.  It was a beautiful day.  The reception was held on the all glass top floor of the hotel just behind the ceremony.  The view of the beach and ocean was breathtaking.  She started bugging me a couple months ago to pick a song for the father/bride dance.  I chose "Run For The Roses" because in addition to the aforementioned tradition I used to invoke the title often when she was growing up and needed some encouragement.  It was my way of saying to her, "Go For It".  The beauty of this song, the surroundings and the significance of the occaision made it very difficult to get through the dance without soggy eyeballs.  I just wish Dan were still alive so I could email him and tell him what an important role he played in my daughter's special day :thumb:.

Minn Mark

« Reply #4 on: 6 Oct 2010, 03:54 pm »
Captured Angel.

RIP, Dan.

M