ALTEC TRANSFORMER 15095A hook up wiring problem

45triode

ALTEC TRANSFORMER 15095A hook up wiring problem
« on: 11 Feb 2010, 01:48 pm »
hi,

i bought a pair of ALTEC 15095A transformers to use as a SUT for my denon 103r. Unfortunately i am just a fool with a soldering iron and i cannot read/understand joseph esmillas wiring diagram. Could somebody with more knowledge than me please draw me a foolproof wiring sketch on how to connect the two transformers to rca in/outs and a ground lug?

also: is pin number 1 to the right from the pin (see image pls)?

i would be immensely grateful, thank you all in advance,

oliver

Berndt

Re: ALTEC TRANSFORMER 15095A hook up wiring problem
« Reply #1 on: 11 Feb 2010, 08:41 pm »
you have pin one referenced correctly, the tube sockets I've been using also # the pin locations underneath.

45triode

« Reply #2 on: 12 Feb 2010, 02:43 pm »
hi berndt,

thank you for the info. Any chance you could do me a drawing according to your setup?

thanks, oliver

Berndt

45triode

« Reply #4 on: 12 Feb 2010, 03:21 pm »
thanks berndt, unfortunately i am not an electrician, which led me to my post in the first place. i would really need something for electrofools...javascript:void(0);

thank you, oliver

45triode

« Reply #5 on: 20 Feb 2010, 05:03 pm »
for those interested, i am posting a reply i received at the vinyl asylum by friendly souls:

Hi Oliver,

Just as a note, you really don't want to solder directly to the pins of the Altecs. They're designed to plug into standard octal tube sockets - you solder to the sockets, not the pins. These sockets are available for cheap and will prevent possible damage to the Altec.

The way you read pin numbers is to hold the Altec so the pins are facing you and the bump on the center plastic nub is pointing down. Pin 1 is the first pin to the left of the bump. Pins 2-8 go 'round clockwise.

Looking at Joseph's diagram, pin 1 is attached to the center conductor of the input RCA. Pin 3 to the outer connector. Pin 7 to the inner connector of the output RCA, pin 8 to the outer connector.

Run a wire from pin 4 to pin 1 (again on the octal socket, yes?). Run another wire from pin 6 to pin 3.

Run wire from the ground connector to pins 2,6 and 8. Done!

Good luck,

Pete