New Apollo's Coming!!

A_shah

Re: New Apollo's Coming!!
« Reply #20 on: 10 Jul 2018, 05:40 am »
JD,

I agree. Would love to have you visit.

BTW, the 11s are cherry.

They look beautiful and I bet they sound gorgeous ! Congratulations ! What electronics are you using with them ? by the way  do you really need Bows with these ?

Asghar  :thumb:

mresseguie

• SW1X DAC+ D Sachs 300b + Daedalus Apollos = Heaven
« Reply #21 on: 10 Jul 2018, 06:42 am »
Those are lovely looking speakers. It's almost enough to give me speaker envy - almost:wink:

Enjoy!

Folsom

« Reply #22 on: 10 Jul 2018, 07:34 am »
My new Apollo 11s arrived on Friday July 6 and after listening to a couple of records, I put CDs on repeat to break/burn them in. They have about 68 hours on them as I type this. I really like what I am hearing and they mate well with my BOWs. The 11s are magical.

Nice! I'd like to hear those new midranges.

charmerci

« Reply #23 on: 10 Jul 2018, 05:18 pm »
Those are lovely looking speakers. It's almost enough to give me speaker envy - almost;)

Enjoy!

Can you be envious of your own speakers???  :lol:

vinyl_lady

« Reply #24 on: 10 Jul 2018, 05:26 pm »

Can you be envious of your own speakers???  :lol:

Hmmm
« Last Edit: 10 Jul 2018, 07:01 pm by vinyl_lady »

Folsom

« Reply #25 on: 10 Jul 2018, 06:50 pm »
Let's plan a get together in August.

Sold! I am in.

*edit; oh wait that wasn't directex at me :roll: . I am just really curious about the new developments.

vinyl_lady

« Reply #26 on: 10 Jul 2018, 07:00 pm »
Sold! I am in.

*edit; oh wait that wasn't directex at me :roll: . I am just really curious about the new developments.

I did mean for it to be directed to you. Wasn't paying close enough attention when I hit quote

Folsom

« Reply #27 on: 10 Jul 2018, 07:08 pm »
Then I am twice fold in!

I could see if Pie guy wants in, but last time was dangerous cause hearing your stereo made him remodel his room :lol:

jhm731

« Reply #28 on: 10 Jul 2018, 10:46 pm »
What are the specs on the Apollo IIs?

Drew769

« Reply #29 on: 11 Jul 2018, 09:12 pm »
@vinyl lady - Which speakers did these Apollos replace?  They are beautiful!

vinyl_lady

« Reply #30 on: 11 Jul 2018, 09:41 pm »
@vinyl lady - Which speakers did these Apollos replace?  They are beautiful!

Daedalus DA-1.1 v2 in cherry with trim rings on the 8” drivers and the new 8” drivers. I’ll post pictures when I’m back at my laptop.

dodgealum

« Reply #31 on: 11 Jul 2018, 10:10 pm »
Wow Laura those Apollo 11's are crazy beautiful!! I can only imagine how they sound with the BOWs. I'll be interested to hear your listening notes as they break in--please let us listen and love vicariously!!

audiotom

• Ground control to Major Tom
    • for everything music
« Reply #32 on: 12 Jul 2018, 03:57 am »
DodgeLum - how soon on your Apollos?

Laura those look great

Love to hear your insight on the sound quality moving upwards and with and without Bow sub dynamics

Drew769

« Reply #33 on: 12 Jul 2018, 05:54 pm »

Love to hear your insight on the sound quality moving upwards and with and without Bow sub dynamics

+1!

I'm currently running Dodgealum's DA-1.1 v2's with a pair of Vandersteen 2WQ subwoofers, which I think have a similar design to the BOWs (although the Vandy's are 3 x 8" in each subwoofer).  The setup does not give that much more bass than the 1.1s run by themselves, but the crossover makes them blend nicely with the Daedalus speakers.

Apollo Don

Re: New Apollo's Coming!
« Reply #34 on: 13 Jul 2018, 04:01 am »
I ordered a pair and words can’t describe how they sound, they truly are that and much more. This is what I was missing in my system and I can’t say enough about Lou and the whole process ,first class all the way, start to finish.If you are on the fence about these speakers just jump it is the best move you can ever make.I love these (don’t have a name yet for the pair) speakers and you will also.Thanks for your time and enjoy ,I am

dodgealum

« Reply #35 on: 14 Jul 2018, 10:08 pm »
Apollo Don--please post some pics so we can see your new babies! Not sure when mine will be ready but I am sure they will be well worth the wait!!  :thumb:

ketcham

• Industry Participant
« Reply #36 on: 16 Jul 2018, 06:56 pm »
I am very happy for everyone here.  Daedalus has been an adventure and finally I have a pair of Zeus being built.  Sadly my current speakers sold and are being freight shipped this week.  My LSA "signature" monitors have effectively destroyed any hint of magic my system once was.

The system is being entirely re-done.
Waversa Ethernet ROON server - amazing piece of engineering.
Waversa Flagship dac: 32 bit or 64 bit SPS, R2R ladder dac with tubed output stage, DSD 1024 and PCM 769K.  All chips are made in house and proprietary.  6h30p NOS tubes.  Auto bias the tubes with estimated life expectancy and notification when failing.
Sold my beloved Allnic L5000 DHT for the new L-Tenthousand: OTL/OCL preamp.  Takatsuki TA-300b tubes.
And of course new speakers.  Replacing my 96 dB ribbon neodyneum speakers - Ambience 1600 Reference out of Australia, the Zeus.

This is the acoustical space the Zeus will live...

All of this was years of work that seemingly is coming together this summer.

Not having quality speakers is creating major withdraw!  Painful.

This summer has proven a brisk market for used gear.  I never thought my system will take on this overhaul. 

Alan!  I need your help.  PM message me.

Stay Tuned...

Nick77

« Reply #37 on: 16 Jul 2018, 08:57 pm »
Beautiful timber frame home, good luck with new system.  :thumb:

fado

« Reply #38 on: 16 Jul 2018, 09:49 pm »
Vinyl_Lady:
For those of us who will not be purchasing new Daedalus Audio speakers it would be great if, in your posts about the sound of your Apollo 11's, you could include some comparisons with the sound of your previous DA 1.1 v.2's.

Thank You

ketcham

• Industry Participant
« Reply #39 on: 16 Jul 2018, 10:57 pm »
If she does not have the speakers side by side, that can be hard to do.  I know my auditory memory is awful.