FM tuner, Onkyo T-4500 is reviewed on the Shootout page

lazydays

Re: FM tuner, Onkyo T-4500 is reviewed on the Shootout page
« Reply #1 on: 22 Feb 2008, 11:18 pm »
http://www.fmtunerinfo.com/shootouts.html#T-4500
jim...

This guy's shoot outs are a real joke. They're flawed in so many ways that you could write a book about them. I've owned several of the tuners he raves about and a few he rants about. (using a Sansui TU 717 right now). So he's got a nice Kenwood tuner. I've been around the whole "L0" series from time to time, and they're pretty good if they're mint. If you take the Onkyo 9090II or the Grand Integra in the same condition using the same antenna & cables at the same time of the day; the Onkyos will eat it lunch. My Sansui is a little dull, but works very well. Will not pull in stations like a T-9 Onkyo (a modded one will easilly kill it). Magnum Dynalab tuners are very good but priced about three times their real value.
    What most folks forget when they plunk a ton of cash for a high end tuner is that the signals are more often than not crap. Everykind of interference on the planet between them and your antenna. At least half of the ones he rejected were twice as good as the sinal they recieve.
my rant for the day
gary