Shindo Montille 6V6 amplifier - pristine condition

glynnw

• I have tin ears.
Shindo Montille 6V6 amplifier - pristine condition
« on: 15 May 2018, 06:23 pm »

Gorgeous amp in pristine condition. No apologies of any kind needed here. Complete with original box and power cord. Different sources quote it as having 12 or 15 watts.  3 sets of tested 6V6 tubes, including original United Electronic tubes and a matched set of  NOS JAN 1986 Philips 6V6GTs recommended by Pitch Perfect Audio as well as a set of Tung-Sols.  Also includes some NOS 1987 Philips 6AW8A tubes (2 in amp – 4 new in box).  You should not need to re-tube for a long, long time. I have not a lot to add to the many reviews and articles on the net - simply one of the finest sounding amps out there.    Contact me with any questions.  Asking price of $3500 includes shipping in CONUS and PayPal fees.  glynnwilson@comcast.net 318-734-4655   

« Last Edit: 9 Jun 2018, 08:02 pm by glynnw »

dburna

Re: Shindo Montille 6V6 amplifier - pristine condition
« Reply #1 on: 15 May 2018, 10:36 pm »
Was going to PM you about this, but I thought perhaps others could benefit from your answer: I know you are selling a Shindo pre-amp as well. From your perspective, does the Montille need a pre-amp sonically? Or were you happy running it without one? Either way, someone is going to get a peach of an amplifier -- these are truly great.

Thanks for your response,  -dGB
« Last Edit: 16 May 2018, 12:24 am by dburna »

FullRangeMan

• Volunteer
  • To whom more was given more will be required.
    • Never go to a psychiatrist, adopt a straycat or dog. On the street they live only two years average.
« Reply #2 on: 16 May 2018, 12:07 am »
Hm good question.

glynnw

• I have tin ears.
« Reply #3 on: 16 May 2018, 04:48 am »
For a long while I ran the Shindo with just a Tortuga passive control.  After sampling a friend's tube preamp into the Shindo I had him make me a tube buffer with same circuit as his preamp. This was very similar to the buffer Tortuga sells and is an improvement over just the passive into the Shindo.  But then the same jerk   :D  of a friend who built the buffer brought this preamp over and it was love at first listen into the Shindo.  I will admit having drunk a bit of the kool-aid about Shindo and use Auditorium 23 speaker cables.  I tried a Shindo interconnect, but heard no improvement over my DIY silver cables.  And no matter what tube stage I used or not, I kept the Tortuga in the system just after the DAC so I could have remote volume and balance.  I never felt it hurt the sound by being there.  So yeah, to my ears the amp and preamp together are an improvement over the amp and a passive input.  But I think the amp is most of the magic.  Hope that helps.

FullRangeMan

• Volunteer
  • To whom more was given more will be required.
    • Never go to a psychiatrist, adopt a straycat or dog. On the street they live only two years average.
« Reply #4 on: 16 May 2018, 05:24 am »
Thanks for inform Glyn, its a great sound amp even direct from the CD player, very rare on the used market and 12W can drive many speakers.

Grinnell

« Reply #5 on: 16 May 2018, 12:58 pm »
I want this, can't afford it but damn what a beautiful amp and my fav tube 6v6 :)

jorsan

« Reply #6 on: 16 May 2018, 10:19 pm »
Is the original power cable included? , no mention about that in your description. Thanks

glynnw

• I have tin ears.
« Reply #7 on: 18 May 2018, 12:42 am »
Yes, the power cable is included.  I was a doubter, switched in one of my telephone pole size cables and went back to that skinny silver original cable.  This is not an amp for tweakers - it comes fully pre-tweaked by Ken Shindo.