Potentially Wanted: 845, 211, 805 or GM-70 Amplifier (Mainly Trade)

baileyler

It is a long shot but, per the title, I am interested in an amplifier (stereo, monoblocks) based on 845, 211, 805 or GM-70 power tubes if I can find the right deal.

Cash is limited, but I do have trade options including Dynaco MKIII monoblocks (working, sounds nice but could use a checkup/update in a couple of places), Radio Craftsman RC-2 monoblocks (again working and sounds nice, but could use a checkup), Linear Audio MicroZOTL 2.0 (with upgraded power supply), McIntosh C35 preamp (with Harmony 659 remote), a pair of Atma-Sphere Z-Music Transformers, Eastern Electric Minimax DAC (w/ Burson opamps, but one channel needs work), various vacuum tubes, SACD's and even things like fine wine/port (properly stored).

I am in Chadds Ford (PA).  A reasonably local transaction would be nice, as anything else adds another layer of cost and complexity (but shipping is not entirely out of the question).

I am not a stickler for physical condition (everything has a price), but I would like an amp that is functional.  Can be branded or custom built.  For the right value, I could even consider one that needs a little work (especially if a schematic is available).

Lots of variables to play with here, so feel free to drop me a PM or send an email to baileyler@comcast.net.
« Last Edit: 13 May 2018, 11:25 pm by baileyler »

FullRangeMan

• Volunteer
  • To whom more was given more will be required.
    • Never go to a psychiatrist, adopt a straycat or dog. On the street they live only two years average.
Re: Potentially Wanted: 845, 211 or 805 Amplifier (Mainly Trade)
« Reply #1 on: 13 May 2018, 10:51 pm »
These tubes you mention are expensive even the Chinese versions,
time life without soft start may be so low as 500-700 hours.
I suggest a GM70 amp, better than 300B sound and plenty of bass,
Russian military tube at $30 each a true bargain:
http://www.gstube.com/catalog/?key=gm70&submit=Find

baileyler

Thanks.

GM-70 added to the list.

FullRangeMan

• Volunteer
  • To whom more was given more will be required.
    • Never go to a psychiatrist, adopt a straycat or dog. On the street they live only two years average.
Maybe Kevinkr at DIY audio could build an integrated GM70 for you.