Need suggestions on 3 meter (or less, perhaps 7 ft) USB A-B run. and/or set up

Roninaudio

• I don't necessarily agree with everything I say.
I might be going about this bassakwards.  Especially now that I would like to upgrade my speaker cable. If you look at my set up, I put it together to accommodate my main server and my .5m Kimber USB cable.  If I "centered" my amps right and left on the table below the TV, I could place my Pre-amp straddling both on either level and power management on the the remaining level.  This would allow me to run some nice speaker cable in maybe  1 to 1.5 m lengths.... .  Currently I'm running two 10ft lengths and an upgrade will be painful at those lengths.

I can get a decent USB (AudioQuest Forest?) for about 60 bucks for 9 ft and be well within the length specs and put $ towards better cables.  In fact, I have 2 - 6ft lengths of Kimber 4TC but that's a little narrow gauge I think for the power / current I need.?

Sensitivity:    88dB (2,83V / 1m)
IEC Power Handling:    250W
Impedance:    4 Ohms
Frequency Response (±3dB):    34Hz – 23kHz
Box Principle:    Bass Reflex Rear Ported
Crossover:    3 way
Crossover Frequency:    550/2000Hz
Crossover Topology:    1st/2nd order

Any suggestions on what the best set up might be?   Anyone running 7-9 ft in USB cable with no degradation?  I have a lot of FLAC/Hi-Res and run Roon (previously jRiver).  Background is Spotify and Pandora w/Firefox but critical listening is my collection on the "server" which is MP3 to Hi Res Flac.  Thanks!!!

bacobits1

Supra usb cable.

JLM

• The elephant normally IS the room
I'm an audio old fart, nearly 50 years at this, and don't get into tweaks at all or any sort of wires much.  To my ears the speakers and room are paramount so take my USB cable advice accordingly.  I run a $6,000 USD system (see my gallery/system) in a dedicated room (Cardas Golden Cuboid and near-field setup) and compared 9 different USB cables ranging from 6 - 15 feet long, see my June 2015 review in the Critic's Cable Circle.  Ended up picking a $74 Straight Wire based on sound quality 1st, factory direct service 2nd, and price 3rd.

Roninaudio

I'll look into both of these- thank you....!

Speedskater

• Kevin
I would go with Blue Jeans Cable or any other brand that has Belden bulk cable.

JackD

Look at Canadian direct seller Audio Sensibility which uses Furukawa OCC copper or silver.  Great cables at fair prices with free shipping and 30 day return policy.

http://audiosensibility.com/blog/

There is almost alway a sale coupon plus the advantageous currency difference of around 3/4's. I am using their USB cable and speakers in a system with the Spatial M3 Triode Masters.

Roninaudio

Thanks for the input guys... So I made the switch and "centered" the system.  I  also made three changes:

1. Interconnects (XLR) are ZenWave D1s from Dave who is  a vendor here on the forum (highly recommended)
2. Using my Kimber 4TC speaker cable again
3. Using a cheap generic USB till a new one gets ordered (Previous Kimber is now too short)

All in all sounds awesome even with the cheap USB but new interconnects and changing speaker wire has made the sound perhaps more detailed but in a good way.  I have to listen more.  I'm leaning towards the Straightwire USB.  Like the 4TC it is not the "greatest" a guy could get but it has a lot of great reviews and recommendations. Seems to = good quality and a great price.

I also added the AQ Jitterbug....  making to many changes now to tell if/what really has impact but together, we are getting somewhere...