NFL Football '16-17

charmerci

Re: NFL Football '16-17
« Reply #240 on: 12 Jan 2017, 05:01 pm »
Tis a fool's errand to look anywhere outside the NFL's boundless greed for explanations about their behavior.

From what I just read/heard on nfl.com, they're actually none too happy about it. It seemed to be mainly the Chargers' owner's decision. (Maybe, I haven't been following this too closely.)

macrojack

• Restricted
« Reply #241 on: 12 Jan 2017, 08:01 pm »
LA won't support bad teams, can't see Chargers drawing well.

But San Diego voted against paying for a new stadium, or this would not be happening.
San Diego must pay a price for refusing the ransom demand.

The sooner we all turn our backs on the NFL, the better. At some point, they need to recognize the feelings and concerns of those who supply them with their income. For me the NFL has outlived its usefulness.

randytsuch

« Reply #242 on: 12 Jan 2017, 10:43 pm »

The sooner we all turn our backs on the NFL, the better. At some point, they need to recognize the feelings and concerns of those who supply them with their income. For me the NFL has outlived its usefulness.

My understanding was it was a hotel bed tax, so not "directly" out of their pockets.
But if we had a vote in LA to pay for a stadium, I would have voted against it.

I like watching football, as long as I don't have to pay for it  :D

charmerci

« Reply #243 on: 13 Jan 2017, 11:46 am »
I grew up watching and playing football so it's kind of hard for me to stop watching and following it. Though if they had to depend on me or if the fans spent money on them like I do - they'd have gone bankrupt a long time ago!  :lol:

Teams I'd like to see win this weekend.

Chiefs
Packers
Falcons
Texans

Teams that I think and will most likely win this weekend

Steelers
Cowbags
Seahawks
Pats

:sad:

twitch54

« Reply #244 on: 13 Jan 2017, 02:50 pm »
The Los Angeles Chargers?

Why sure ........that's where they began 57 years ago !

twitch54

« Reply #245 on: 13 Jan 2017, 02:54 pm »

While I tend to agree (were both well beyond the age of 50 obviously) the marketing arm of the NFL doesn't give a damn about us. the have the 'youngins' all drawn in. FWIW I think Godell is nothing but a 'tool'

thunderbrick

• Volunteer
  • I'm just not right!
« Reply #246 on: 13 Jan 2017, 03:37 pm »
So now a lackluster fan base will be divided between two teams?

Yeah, this makes good business sense......    :shake:

randytsuch

« Reply #247 on: 13 Jan 2017, 05:01 pm »
So now a lackluster fan base will be divided between two teams?

Yeah, this makes good business sense......    :shake:

There was excitement in the beginning, I think because many "kids" never have seen a live pro football game, so Rams had no trouble selling tickets.
Long time ago, I shared a season ticket with my brother, and we went with my dad.  So I saw a lot of games in my younger days, and not really interested in paying a ton of money to see a bad team.

The excitement evaporated as the losses mounted.  So even though the games were sold out, there were a lot of empty seats at the end.  And even the games they won were boring, as the Ram's offense was dreadful.

Chargers are going to play in some tiny place until new stadium is built, actually would probably be fun to see them in the little place lol

stlrman

« Reply #248 on: 14 Jan 2017, 03:31 am »
Steelers game moved to 8:20 pm due to ice storm heading to KC on Sunday .

Letitroll98

• Volunteer
  • Too loud is just right
« Reply #249 on: 14 Jan 2017, 11:56 am »
Apparently it's a "concern for the fans" issue with them traveling to the game, which makes sense if the storm hits when it's suppose to and it warms up later in the day, like it's suppose to.  Betting on weathermen is probably worse than betting on pro football so I hope it works for them there in KC.  Go Steelers!

charmerci

« Reply #250 on: 14 Jan 2017, 01:12 pm »
I find the weather really accurate for the next 24 hours. For some reason, they're really good at predicting wind. One weekend I saw a high wind prediction for Tuesday. Right on the money. NASA just sent up a couple of new satellites that will give us better info on current weather conditions which is supposed improve their prediction prowess.

SteveFord

• Volunteer
  • The poodle bites, the poodle chews it.
« Reply #251 on: 15 Jan 2017, 12:36 pm »
The Falcons look REALLY good this year.
The playoffs are making up for a really dull regular season.

jonbee

« Reply #252 on: 15 Jan 2017, 03:52 pm »
As a Seattle resident and Seahawks fan, I have to say that the Seahawks ended up about where I figured they would. They still have some great strengths and players, but the decimation of the offensive line due to free agency and retirement left them very vulnerable, and it was evident all season. After all the success in previous years, they hade to pay big money to their key players this year, so no $ was left under the cap for the offensive line. This hampered the offense big time, led to injuries to Russell Wilson, and dramatically increased the time the defense was on the field. This in turn led to defensive fatigue and injuries, culminating in the loss of Earl Thomas a few weeks back, who was the glue in the downfield defense. Yesterday's game was the showcase for all this. I was glad to see the season end without more injuries to Wilson, et al. There's always next year, as they say.
This year Dallas, Atlanta, NE and Green Bay are the more complete teams. The playoffs do look interesting, for sure.

soundbitten1

« Reply #253 on: 15 Jan 2017, 07:33 pm »
The playoffs are making up for a really dull regular season.

So far all of the playoff games have been one-sided.   :scratch:

soundbitten1

« Reply #254 on: 15 Jan 2017, 07:39 pm »
Yesterday's game was the showcase for all this.

It looked like the remnants of a once great team that is now on a slow decline.

stlrman

« Reply #255 on: 16 Jan 2017, 12:28 am »
What a game !!!!
Tied at 28!!!

mcgsxr

« Reply #256 on: 16 Jan 2017, 12:41 am »
Great second half!

My brother is a Packers fan. 

I am happy for the Home fans to see a great performance so far. 

PeteG

« Reply #257 on: 16 Jan 2017, 12:45 am »

stlrman

« Reply #258 on: 16 Jan 2017, 12:47 am »
56 yard field goal for Greebay!! 3rd longest in playoff history!! :thumb:

Tomy2Tone

« Reply #259 on: 16 Jan 2017, 12:51 am »
Clutch kickers!