NFL Football '16-17

randytsuch

Re: NFL Football '16-17
« Reply #120 on: 3 Oct 2016, 05:38 pm »
The Bills proved today that even a blind squirrel finds a nut occasionally. :lol:

But I'm pretty sure the Pats are happy to be 3-1 with Brady coming back.

Speaking of 3-1, go Rams!!  Who would have thought?  Beating Seattle and Arizona, so division record is looking good too.

Randy

fredgarvin

« Reply #121 on: 4 Oct 2016, 04:54 am »
Arizona not bouncing back from the road loss to Buffalo and losing to the Rams says something about them. Minnesota continues to impress.

Andrew Luck- four years in and not much to show for it. Still can't win.

Oakland surprises again.

zybar

• Facilitator
  • Dutch and Dutch 8C's…yes they are that good!
« Reply #122 on: 4 Oct 2016, 10:24 am »
Arizona not bouncing back from the road loss to Buffalo and losing to the Rams says something about them. Minnesota continues to impress.

Andrew Luck- four years in and not much to show for it. Still can't win.

Oakland surprises again.

The Giants stink!

There is no talent around Luck...that team needs to be blown up and totally redone.

George

thunderbrick

• Volunteer
  • I'm just not right!
« Reply #123 on: 4 Oct 2016, 12:47 pm »
The Giants stink!

There is no talent around Luck...that team needs to be blown up and totally redone.

George

Yeah, ain't it great?   :icon_twisted:

Big Red Machine

« Reply #124 on: 4 Oct 2016, 12:50 pm »

macrojack

• Restricted
« Reply #125 on: 4 Oct 2016, 01:04 pm »
The Vikings built a new stadium. That entitles them to a Super Bowl win. Getting it this year would be unusually prompt payment from Goodell. I haven't seen them play this year. Are they good enough to take it all?

Odell Beckham appears to be the latest super talented head case wide receiver to be on a self-destructive trajectory. Boy in a man's body. Why can't these fools see the break they've gotten. How else is a guy like him going to make millions of dollars?

TomS

« Reply #126 on: 4 Oct 2016, 01:47 pm »

George
It starts with the GM, then his head coach. Irsay just gave them both 4 more years, which was a shock even to both of them  :roll: That'll be an expensive lesson to try to move on from.

macrojack

• Restricted
« Reply #127 on: 4 Oct 2016, 03:02 pm »
Irsay is utterly despicable. For that reason, and that reason alone, I look for the worst for the Colts. The entire Deflategate fraud was his doing.

SteveFord

• Volunteer
  • The poodle bites, the poodle chews it.
« Reply #128 on: 4 Oct 2016, 09:42 pm »
I didn't watch the Giants lose but I hear that all you have to do is make Beckham mad and he loses it.
Hey, last night your mom you get the idea.
That's a shame, he's quite the talented receiver.

zybar

• Facilitator
  • Dutch and Dutch 8C's…yes they are that good!
« Reply #129 on: 4 Oct 2016, 09:52 pm »
I didn't watch the Giants lose but I hear that all you have to do is make Beckham mad and he loses it.
Hey, last night your mom you get the idea.
That's a shame, he's quite the talented receiver.

I wouldn't say that he lost it last night.  He overreacted on a hit out of bounds and a few other non-calls. 

Eli wasn't exactly accurate and wasn't getting him the ball.  He almost made a couple of excellent catches, but he didn't.

I give credit to the Vikes defense which has been outstanding in all four of their games.

George

S Clark

• a riot is the language of the unheard- Dr. King
« Reply #130 on: 4 Oct 2016, 11:43 pm »
He's young, a bit stupid, already making himself a brand, and has too much money for his own good.  Give him a couple of years to mature.  The Giants are a pretty good team overall, but Eli is who he is.  Sometimes he will win a game for you, and sometimes give one away. 

randytsuch

« Reply #131 on: 5 Oct 2016, 12:11 am »
He's young, a bit stupid, already making himself a brand, and has too much money for his own good.  Give him a couple of years to mature.  The Giants are a pretty good team overall, but Eli is who he is.  Sometimes he will win a game for you, and sometimes give one away.

Eli doesn't look like the same QB that won a couple superbowls to me. 

S Clark

• a riot is the language of the unheard- Dr. King
« Reply #132 on: 5 Oct 2016, 12:17 am »
Eli doesn't look like the same QB that won a couple superbowls to me.
I'll give Eli one of those wins.  But mostly, he had a power running game and a very good/great defense.  Eli has always been erratic, but he is easily capable of a big win on his good days. 

fredgarvin

« Reply #133 on: 5 Oct 2016, 03:29 pm »
The Giants stink!

George

Yeah, the Giants look pretty weak, probably at the bottom of their division. The Viks look solid on both sides of the ball.

SteveFord

• Volunteer
« Reply #134 on: 5 Oct 2016, 10:43 pm »
I took a quick look at the Giant's schedule and they're up against some really good teams.
It's hard to say with them, though.   Sometimes they're really sharp and other times they're pathetic.
We'll see.

SteveFord

• Volunteer
« Reply #135 on: 9 Oct 2016, 10:17 pm »
Are the Cowgirls that good or are the Bengals just that bad? 
They're getting killed.

Rob Babcock

• Volunteer
« Reply #136 on: 10 Oct 2016, 01:56 am »
Could the Vikes be for real this time? :icon_surprised: :lol:

bummrush

« Reply #137 on: 10 Oct 2016, 02:21 am »
Im going to put it out there that part of whats going on and for the better, ,its because of Petersen being out. Yes he breaks through, ill give him that, but theres way to many times of not getting through, and way to many many 1 or 2 yard gains that really dont win games

Johnny2Bad

« Reply #138 on: 10 Oct 2016, 05:29 am »
I think the Vikings are good, but not better than most of the 3 and 4-win teams. They have been a little lucky, but as always, you make your own luck, so I'm not saying they don't deserve to be 5-0, I'm just saying they could be 3-2 and still be essentially the same team. It's too early to start Crowning anyone, teams get better as the season goes on.

Eli played OK tonight, but his receivers let him down far too often. When it's that consistently bad, I start to wonder what the Receivers Coach is doing, or not doing, to be more precise. I expect them to bounce back next weekend. If not, it will be a long season for the Giants.

Happy about the Raiders so far this season. As always, the Denver-Raiders matchups will prove enlightening.

And yeah, the Bengals are that bad.

The Bills? They often start a season strong, then start their usual losing streaks. So, no, I'm not surprised they beat New England, but don't start thinking they can hold up through a whole season; they won't.

Biggest surprise for me this weekend was Philly losing, although it was a close one.

fredgarvin

« Reply #139 on: 10 Oct 2016, 08:42 pm »
I was sure San Diego would find a way to lose, when I saw they were ahead. There's a pattern there.