NEW! Daedalus Speaker Stability Bases.

GregC

Re: NEW! Daedalus Speaker Stability Bases.
« Reply #20 on: 14 Mar 2021, 11:49 pm »
I had Lou's top of the line silver Daedalus cones before I purchased the rails.  I am glad Lou was able to sell the rails without the cones.

The SQ was excellent before I installed the rails, and remained as good (or slightly better) after installing the rails.  Because I moved the speakers and re-positioned them I cannot say how much SQ improvement was from the rails, and what could be attributed to repositioning the speakers.  Also, the rails brought the tweeter height up slightly which worked better for my setup.

My primary objective for the rails was because I wanted to make sure the speakers are as stable as possible, and I like the aesthetics of outrigger rails.

I would recommend them based on my experience.   

Bones13

« Reply #21 on: 15 Mar 2021, 10:18 am »
I had Lou's top of the line silver Daedalus cones before I purchased the rails.  I am glad Lou was able to sell the rails without the cones.

The SQ was excellent before I installed the rails, and remained as good (or slightly better) after installing the rails.  Because I moved the speakers and re-positioned them I cannot say how much SQ improvement was from the rails, and what could be attributed to repositioning the speakers.  Also, the rails brought the tweeter height up slightly which worked better for my setup.

My primary objective for the rails was because I wanted to make sure the speakers are as stable as possible, and I like the aesthetics of outrigger rails.

I would recommend them based on my experience.   

My exact experience, as well. Silver stainless cones. I also use silver speaker DiDs. I moved my speakers another 3 inches out while repositioning things. I really like the added stability.

rbbert

« Reply #22 on: 10 Apr 2021, 12:30 pm »
After a couple of weeks with my updated Ulysses (new tweeters and midrange, stability bases with stainless cones) I am very satisfied.  Other things in my 5.1 system have changed as well, but I can listen to a dedicated stereo signal path only, and notice a smoother, more open sound than I remember.  Bass may be a little better as well, it’s hard for me to tell since some aspects of the room have also changed.

jdavis37

« Reply #23 on: 10 Apr 2021, 02:30 pm »
After a couple of weeks with my updated Ulysses (new tweeters and midrange, stability bases with stainless cones) I am very satisfied.  Other things in my 5.1 system have changed as well, but I can listen to a dedicated stereo signal path only, and notice a smoother, more open sound than I remember.  Bass may be a little better as well, it’s hard for me to tell since some aspects of the room have also changed.

Good to hear! My Ulysses will soon be travelling across country for the V.3 upgrade and I like hearing the mids are smoother and more open. I'm looking forward to the refresh and upgrade!

Griffster

« Reply #24 on: 10 Jan 2022, 12:47 am »
Those basses are nice

Daedalus Audio

• Facilitator
    • http://www.daedalusaudio.com
« Reply #25 on: 13 Jan 2022, 09:47 pm »
Daedalus Stability bases work on other speakers as well! :thumb:

note and pic from a happy customer:

I got the new outriggers yesterday and was able to attach them tonight.  Extremely well made and truly have made a significant improvement sonically.

msiron

« Reply #26 on: 6 Jan 2023, 03:42 pm »
Hi, has anyone tried these on Legacy Signature SE speakers. I just acquired a pair and feel they could use some stability. I have a pair of Athenas with the older stability bases and tried to match them up to see if they would fit the Legacy speakers. They fit on the back side of the speakers but the front is a little wider and the adjustment knob does not quite clear the sides of the speaker (very close to doing so though). I was wondering if the wooden top on these new stability bases might have a little more room.

If someone had time to measure the dimension from the inside of the wooden tops on the new ones, I would greatly appreciate it.

Thanks

Daedalus Audio

• Facilitator
    • http://www.daedalusaudio.com
« Reply #27 on: 6 Jan 2023, 03:59 pm »
Hi, has anyone tried these on Legacy Signature SE speakers. I just acquired a pair and feel they could use some stability. I have a pair of Athenas with the older stability bases and tried to match them up to see if they would fit the Legacy speakers. They fit on the back side of the speakers but the front is a little wider and the adjustment knob does not quite clear the sides of the speaker (very close to doing so though). I was wondering if the wooden top on these new stability bases might have a little more room.

If someone had time to measure the dimension from the inside of the wooden tops on the new ones, I would greatly appreciate it.

Thanks

We have a couple different sizes that may work. There is no "wiggle room" on the walnut caps.
btw I sent you an email reply a couple days ago... please check your spam folder.
thanks,
Lou

msiron

« Reply #28 on: 6 Jan 2023, 04:14 pm »
Thanks Lou. I should get in the habit of checking my spam folder at times. Your reply was there. Thanks for the reply and I replied to you. I like the option you presented and would like to buy these.

msiron

« Reply #29 on: 13 Jan 2023, 09:46 pm »
Likely no surprise to most if not all that come to this site, Lou helped me out with my situation of wanting the use his stability bars and spikes on a pair of Legacy Audio Signature SE speakers I recently obtained. My issue was the front of the spakers were a little to wide for the normal bars. Lo and behold Lou has a larger size available and provided me with two of the longer bars and two of the shorter/normal bars along with the spikes. I did have to have a modification done as the Legacy speakers have 12mm threaed connections on the bottom. I had a local machine shop widen the slots for attaching the bars to the bottom of the speakers. These have really improved the stability of these speakers and upon first listen I feel I fheard tighter base but more listening needed to make sure. Lou is really awesome to deal with as you know.

« Last Edit: 13 Jan 2023, 10:55 pm by msiron »

mresseguie

• SW1X DAC+ D Sachs 300b + Daedalus Apollos = Heaven
« Reply #30 on: 13 Jan 2023, 11:54 pm »
Sideways speakers give me vertigo, so here they are in an upright position. Congrats on achieving your goal with Lou's stability bases!

msiron

« Reply #31 on: 14 Jan 2023, 12:16 am »
Thanks for fixing that.

aldcoll

• Champagne Taste on a Water Budget
« Reply #32 on: 14 Jan 2023, 03:54 am »
I thought the first picture said more about the capabilities of Lous spikes.

Tip them forward tip them back they rock the wall!

Alan

Ulisse60

« Reply #33 on: 13 Mar 2023, 03:50 pm »
Hi
I'm a new user here, with a pair of Ulysses, I wanted to know who has the speakers resting on stands, see photos, if they have any suggestions to raise them about 5 centimeters, or 2 inches, to better align the ears and tweeters with each other .
The need derives from a near field listening and therefore I am a little too high up as a seat, I would like to lift the speakers without affecting the sound and the current rendering with the original bases, thanks for any suggestion
Dario

Early B.

« Reply #34 on: 13 Mar 2023, 06:20 pm »
Hi
I'm a new user here, with a pair of Ulysses, I wanted to know who has the speakers resting on stands, see photos, if they have any suggestions to raise them about 5 centimeters, or 2 inches, to better align the ears and tweeters with each other.

Place the speakers on 2-inch butcher blocks with rubber pads on the bottom so they don't slide or scratch your wood flooring. Another option is to angle the speakers upwards. If your spikes aren't adjustable, experiment by inserting $3 rubber doorstops between the speakers and the stands. If it works, craft a more elegant solution.     

Ulisse60

« Reply #35 on: 16 Mar 2023, 03:31 pm »
Place the speakers on 2-inch butcher blocks with rubber pads on the bottom so they don't slide or scratch your wood flooring. Another option is to angle the speakers upwards. If your spikes aren't adjustable, experiment by inserting $3 rubber doorstops between the speakers and the stands. If it works, craft a more elegant solution.     
HI
Thanks for the suggestions, the idea of ​​raising the speakers by tilting them slightly so as to better align the tweeters emission is interesting, I'll do some tests
Dario