McCartney Carpool Karaoke

dB Cooper

McCartney Carpool Karaoke
« on: 28 Jun 2018, 02:49 am »
I had seen bits of 'Carpool Karaoke' and thought it was probably the stupidest music show ever, showcasing artists I don't give a rat's ass about, but I couldn't help checking it out when I saw that Paul McCartney did a show. If you can keep a dry eye after watching (clips of) Paul doing a surprise set in a Liverpool pub he played 50 years ago, you're a better man than I.

Not going to provide a link; no need to. A super easy google will find it.

Emsquare

Re: McCartney Carpool Karaoke
« Reply #1 on: 6 Jul 2018, 02:55 pm »
That made me so happy. A few of my friends and I watched it and we called it Beatles day and felt inspired to play their albums for that day. Time we'll spent I think.

I'm a fan of Adrian Belew and follow his feed on Facebook. He participates in an annual Bandcamp retreat with some noteworthy musicians in his circle. They posted a video of a campfire sing-along. All Beatles songs. Just a bunch of happy people drinking beer and few acoustic guitars and singing their hearts out. That also made me rather happy.

glynnw

• I have tin ears.
« Reply #2 on: 6 Jul 2018, 03:47 pm »
OK, I cried watching it.  I'll turn in my macho card if requested.

Goosepond

• Virna!
« Reply #3 on: 6 Jul 2018, 08:58 pm »
I was a freshman in college when the British invasion hit these shores.

Paul just looks old and he doesn't sing very well any more.

But I did get a kick out of the bar scene where when someone selects a song on the jukebox, Paul and his band play it.  :thumb:

Gene

dB Cooper

« Reply #4 on: 6 Jul 2018, 09:57 pm »
He is old...

His voice cracks on the high notes; it happened on Ob-La-Di, Ob-La-Da'. Hell, he's 75 or thereabouts. 'When I'm Sisty-Four' must have seemed an eternity away when he wrote it...

Goosepond

• Virna!
« Reply #5 on: 6 Jul 2018, 10:46 pm »
Yeah, I didn't want to google it and check on his age. Hell I'm 72 and I was pretty sure he was a little older than me.

I darn sure can't sing any more or maybe it's because I never could!  :green:

Gene