The Manipulated Vortex Waveguide speaker - the Event Horizon 210

Rubbbq

I literally got them an hour ago, to soon to tell. These are not from Duke, they are from speakerhardware.com . It is my understanding that Duke's are different in the crossover and possible the drivers but that I'm not sure about.

PMAT

Ok rub a dub dub, now you've had them for a while. Let's have it! :nono:

Leland Crooks

Duke's use different driver, different bigger cab, and a very different crossover.  Mine are Duke designed, but fairly straightforward.  Not nearly as complex.  A whole different price point is part of the  reason.  Designing for that last percentage of performance is expensive in time and materials, which is what you get with Duke's cabs.   

I like the stands, a lot.  It appears I got a pretty good match on the finish.  I thought that natural would be easy.  That's what I get for thinking. 

Those are GC25H's.   Front fired tweeter.  Not perfect response, but they demonstrate the MVW effect amply.  The front fired tweeter is a bit more directional in the hf than some of the higher priced cabs, which are on the way.  I personally love the sound of silk domes, and that's why it's in there.   

Rubbbq

Unfortunately, I have nothing to report. My system is having some issues and I think I blew a fuse. I haven't had a chance to diagnose the situation :scratch:

Leland Crooks

:(
« Last Edit: 28 Apr 2014, 05:04 pm by Leland Crooks »

JICRO

Congratulations to the BigE guys on having all their claims allowed and patent granted on the MVW technology.

Cheers,

- Jim C.

Duke

• Industry Contributor
    • http://www.audiokinesis.com
Congratulations to the BigE guys on having all their claims allowed and patent granted on the MVW technology.

Cheers,

- Jim C.

Yeah, I'm pretty excited for Steve and Tom as well, and of course my business benefits from their success. 

I'm planning to show a new MVW design at RMAF in October.  Will you be exhibiting there? 

JICRO

Yeah, I'm pretty excited for Steve and Tom as well, and of course my business benefits from their success. 

I'm planning to show a new MVW design at RMAF in October.  Will you be exhibiting there?

Hey Duke,

I was looking forward to when you might present your spin on the MVW architecture.

I'd be curious, if you are up for sharing, to hear what your updated thoughts are on the design, and its attributes.

I hope to make it RMAF this year. 
I may be helping in the SJOFN HiFi room demonstrating ( the clue ) and possibly a new complimentary Dynamic Range Module/Room Mode Sub. 

If I'm there, I'll definitely stop by to say "hello" and will look forward to hearing your latest wares.

All the best,

- Jim

Duke

• Industry Contributor
    • http://www.audiokinesis.com
Hey Duke,

I was looking forward to when you might present your spin on the MVW architecture.

I'd be curious, if you are up for sharing, to hear what your updated thoughts are on the design, and its attributes.

I hope to make it RMAF this year. 
I may be helping in the SJOFN HiFi room demonstrating ( the clue ) and possibly a new complimentary Dynamic Range Module/Room Mode Sub. 

If I'm there, I'll definitely stop by to say "hello" and will look forward to hearing your latest wares.

All the best,

- Jim

It will probably be a couple of weeks before I can pass along updated impressions, as Steve and Tom have refined the design in several areas since I last heard a pair.  My "show pair" will incorporate their latest and greatest, and it's being built now. 

I'm very much interested in hearing ( the clue ) and its Complimentary Dynamic Range Module/Room Mode Sub, and in meeting you as well. 

arjank

Hi Duke,

Just chiming in to see what you're up to outside your basscabs  :D

Grtz,
Arjan