RAD Micros

Jay S

RAD Micros
« on: 25 May 2003, 12:36 pm »
Hi Brian,

The RAD Micros look like great little speakers!  I am thinking of them as an alternative to the nOrh 3.0 with seems to use the same 3" full range driver.  Their small size and more conventional shape will fit in better in my bedroom.  I am thinking of matching them with my Radii 300B SET integrated amp (which don't really have the power to drive the 86 db/watt efficient Avinci 1s).  

Could you please let us know the size and weight of the package for the RAD Micros.  And, also, what is your current leadtime for a pair with the Cherry finish.

Thanks,

- Jay

Brian Bunge

RAD Micros
« Reply #1 on: 25 May 2003, 08:52 pm »
Jay,

I'm pretty sure the driver we're using is different than the one that nOrh is using, but having never heard them that's only speculation. I do have one pair of the Micros in cherry already so they could be boxed up and shipped out at any time. Each Micro is 7"H x 5"W x 6"D and weighs in at just under 5 lbs. I'd imagine shipping weight for a pair wouldn't exceed 15 lbs. total.

Here is the current pair of cherry Micros that we have built:

If you are trying to match something that is more of a dark red cherry, like most cherry bedroom suits seem to be, we can build a new pair and have them ready to ship within a week or two depending on when you order and our work load at the time.

Feel free to email me at brian@rutledgeaudiodesign.com and we can talk more in depth.

Jay S

RAD Micros
« Reply #2 on: 28 May 2003, 07:25 am »
Thank you, Brian.  I've emailed you and included a picture of my bed and night table.