Lone Star Audio Fest 2019

marvda1

• freelance reviewer: The Sound Advocate
Lone Star Audio Fest 2019
« on: 20 Feb 2019, 09:17 pm »
looks like this years lone star will be a big one. the allotment of rooms have been filled and they are asking the hotel for more rooms.
remember this the first weekend of may. i'll be there.
http://lonestaraudiofest.com/

free to the public.

Dieterle Tool

• I don't know what it is, but I wunt it.
Re: Lone Star Audio Fest 2019
« Reply #1 on: 20 Feb 2019, 11:00 pm »
I'll be there.  :dance:

OzarkTom

« Reply #2 on: 20 Feb 2019, 11:21 pm »
It is great to see that show keep growing. Nothing else in the middle southern states. That was a fun show to go to. I wish I could make it this year.

marvda1

« Reply #3 on: 20 Feb 2019, 11:52 pm »
gr research makes a comeback this year. :D

mtrot

« Reply #4 on: 22 Feb 2019, 11:51 pm »
I'll be there Saturday and Sunday.  Looking forward to hearing the new Raven Audio speakers.

disco

• Industry Participant
    • Supra HiFi
« Reply #5 on: 6 Mar 2019, 05:26 pm »
I will be there on and off through the 4 days(I have a scifi convention that same weekend), but Todd Binnix will be running the room(216). We will have Mola Mola electronics, Vivid speakers, Aurender streamer and Analysis Plus cables.

Scott
Supra HiFi

Danny Richie

• Industry Contributor
    • http://www.gr-research.com
« Reply #6 on: 6 Mar 2019, 07:28 pm »
I'm working on getting some NX-Treme models ready for the show.

That would be a pair of these: https://www.audiocircle.com/index.php?topic=152137.msg1633892#msg1633892

We also have one of the larger exhibit rooms on the first floor.  :thumb:

OzarkTom

« Reply #7 on: 6 Mar 2019, 09:14 pm »
Danny will need a fork-lift to haul those in. I will bet GR gets the best of show like the year I went. Any other bettors here? :D

Danny Richie

• Industry Contributor
    • http://www.gr-research.com
« Reply #8 on: 6 Mar 2019, 10:41 pm »
Danny will need a fork-lift to haul those in. I will bet GR gets the best of show like the year I went. Any other bettors here? :D

They are a lot lighter than other speakers that I have taken to shows in the past.

Norman Tracy

« Reply #9 on: 13 Mar 2019, 05:59 pm »
With just a few weeks to go until Lone Star Audio Fest 2019 as a preview of coming attractions I will be posting some details on what fellow exhibitors tell me they are bringing to Dallas.

Let’s start with Joshua Miles’s JWM Acoustics.  When we spoke Joshua was very excited to debut his latest revisions to the ALYSON AML which I believe will be designated SE. The changes are internal so the stunning look of the AML is unchanged.

Electronics and sources in the JWM Acoustics demo system take a turn to the exotic with the inclusion of Absolare Passion Integrated Amplifier, Echoles cable, Allnic phono stage receiving signals from , but of course, a JWM Acoustic Karen turntable.

Joshua has posted a short video clip of the ALYSON AML SE and Passion Integrated Amplifier based system.

https://www.instagram.com/p/Bu5D7UigpV6/?utm_source=ig_web_button_share_sheet

Norman Tracy

« Reply #10 on: 21 Mar 2019, 07:38 pm »
Wayne Parham chief honcho of π Speakers and founder to LSAF is bringing their four π mains with flanking subs to LSAF 2019. Wayne and his lovely wife Kelly run one of the most friendly and chill rooms at any given LSAF. Great place to hangout and enjoy good tunes and good company. If you are more in the mood to get technical Wayne is one of North America’s leading experts on horn loudspeaker design and like many others at LSAF freely shares his knowledge.

Dieterle Tool

• I don't know what it is, but I wunt it.
« Reply #11 on: 21 Mar 2019, 09:07 pm »
^ Excited about this... both attempts to get into his room didn't work out for me last year. Friday it was locked down and Saturday it was full.

However, I did get into Josh's room and loved what I was hearing from his AML's (and Karen TT). Also got a big approval from my wife and bought the review models.

-Dieter

disco

• Industry Participant
    • Supra HiFi
« Reply #12 on: 22 Mar 2019, 03:09 pm »
This is the system we will have setup.

Scott
www.suprahifi.com

« Last Edit: 5 Apr 2019, 02:28 pm by disco »

Norman Tracy

« Reply #13 on: 28 Mar 2019, 08:18 pm »
As posted above Scott Warren’s Supra HiFi www.suprahifi.com out of Garland Texas is planning another of their state-of-the-art demo systems. For 2019 his demo system will include.

Vivid 1.5 speakers
Mola Mola Kaluga Amps
Mola Mola Makua Preamp
Aurender streamer
Analysis Plus Cables

Nick77

« Reply #14 on: 4 Apr 2019, 11:35 am »

I'm working on getting some NX-Treme models ready for the show.

That would be a pair of these: https://www.audiocircle.com/index.php?topic=152137.msg1633892#msg1633892

We also have one of the larger exhibit rooms on the first floor.  :thumb:

Will anyone be showing a pair of Super7"s??

jtwrace

• www.theintellectualpeoplepodcast.com
    • TIPP YouTube Channel
« Reply #15 on: 5 Apr 2019, 01:39 pm »
Is this show worth attending?  Take into account flying, car etc.  I always plan $1k before buying anything. 

Rick Craig

• Industry Participant
  • Selah Audio
    • http://www.selahaudio.com
« Reply #16 on: 5 Apr 2019, 01:51 pm »
Is this show worth attending?  Take into account flying, car etc.  I always plan $1k before buying anything.

Of course it's worth it because I'll be there...lol

Since you moved away from us in NC you need to come to TX for your audio fix!

OzarkTom

« Reply #17 on: 5 Apr 2019, 01:54 pm »
The year I went, no. But the show keeps growing, so I am not sure about today.

marvda1

« Reply #18 on: 5 Apr 2019, 02:47 pm »

if you want to be herded in and out of a room and maybe get 5 min. to listen to someone else's music then go to the big shows.  if you want to visit a room at your own leisure and sit down and listen to your music and discuss audio and get into the designing of the product and meet and make new friends then come to the lone star audio fest.

do you think an individual would bring his personal system to a show just to have a good time if they had to pay $5000+ ?  you get this at lone star.

jtwrace

• www.theintellectualpeoplepodcast.com
    • TIPP YouTube Channel
« Reply #19 on: 5 Apr 2019, 03:03 pm »
if you want to be herded in and out of a room and maybe get 5 min. to listen to someone else's music then go to the big shows.  if you want to visit a room at your own leisure and sit down and listen to your music and discuss audio and get into the designing of the product and meet and make new friends then come to the lone star audio fest.

do you think an individual would bring his personal system to a show just to have a good time if they had to pay $5000+ ?  you get this at lone star.
I never get that at the big shows actually.  Usually everyone wants my demo disc.   :lol: