Poll

Should Red Wine Audio have their own Circle?

Yes
57 (90.5%)
No
6 (9.5%)

Total Members Voted: 63

Voting closed: 28 Feb 2005, 02:00 pm

Marbles

« on: 28 Feb 2005, 02:00 pm »

Vinnie R.

• Industry Contributor
    • http://www.vinnierossi.com
Re: Should Red Wine Audio have their own Circle?
« Reply #1 on: 28 Feb 2005, 02:12 pm »
Quote from: Marbles

All, I was having technical difficulties getting my poll to work, so Marbles was kind enough to set the poll up for me.  See below:

Dear Audiocircle Members,

I am very interested in obtaining a Red Wine Audio manufacturer’s circle, and am therefore starting this poll to find out if there is an interest:

I recently started a small, factory-direct company called Red Wine Audio, Inc.
(see http://www.audiocircle.com/index.php?topic=16882) that offers “home audio products and custom modification services for the audiophile who is seeking simplicity, high performance, and value” (see www.redwineaudio.com).

I would sincerely enjoy the opportunity to have my own manufacturer’s circle in order to frequently participate within the community to:

1) Build a solid reputation based on very satisfied customers
2) Answer questions about my products and modification services in a prompt and public fashion
3) Communicate new product ideas and obtain valuable feedback from users

If I were to obtain a Red Wine Audio manufacturer’s circle, you have my word that I will:

1) Ensure that the circle remains active
2) Respond to questions promptly
3) Stimulate activity in the circle
4) Encourage participation

I am really looking forward to this and want to thank you all for your time and consideration.

Sincerely,

ohenry

« Reply #2 on: 28 Feb 2005, 02:21 pm »
I hope it happens, it's nice to see a good guy do well.

If Vinnie does get his own circle, we all need be mindful that it's a manufacturer's circle for his products and not try to transform it into a DIY SI modification circle. :wink:

mcgsxr

« Reply #3 on: 28 Feb 2005, 03:06 pm »
Vinnie has been a great participant so far, balancing well his own products, and helping people DIY something similar - always a delicated path to waltz along...

I think that he would be a great addition to this place, and look forward to hassling him in his circle!

GuyL

« Reply #4 on: 28 Feb 2005, 04:41 pm »
I'm with Mark on that one.

Vinnie is a great contributor. His knowledge and service to the DIY'ers community are first rate.
His modded equipment and products are no less than astounding.

roymail

• Roy in TX
My vote for Vinnie Rossi and Redwine Audio
« Reply #5 on: 28 Feb 2005, 05:07 pm »
I cast my vote for Vinnie Rossi to have his own circle for his business, Red Wine Audio.  He is well respected in the audio and diy community, and his company, Red Wine Audio, already has a large following that's growing daily.  Vinnie has contributed many designs, mods and sound advice on audiocircle which has earned him the respect of all who know him and have bought his products.  I agree with the others, Vinnie and Red Wine Audio would be a welcome addition to the manufacturers circles.

-- Roy

roymail

• Roy in TX
My vote for Vinnie Rossi and Redwine Audio
« Reply #6 on: 28 Feb 2005, 05:09 pm »
I cast my vote for Vinnie Rossi to have his own circle for his business, Red Wine Audio.  He is well respected in the audio and diy community, and his company, Red Wine Audio, already has a large following that's growing daily.  Vinnie has contributed many designs, mods and sound advice on audiocircle which has earned him the respect of all who know him and have bought his products.  I agree with the others, Vinnie and Red Wine Audio would be a welcome addition to the manufacturers circles.

-- Roy

roymail

• Roy in TX
Oops! I voted twice.
« Reply #7 on: 28 Feb 2005, 05:13 pm »
Ok, please no emails about stuffing the ballot box.  Oops, not sure how that happened.  Just a senior moment, I guess.

-- Roy

-Richard-

« Reply #8 on: 28 Feb 2005, 05:52 pm »
I recently purchased a ClariT Amp from Vinnie
and I am allowing it to burn in the requisite 100 hours...
I will post my impressions after my Omega Grand 8 R's
arrive and I have had a chance to burn them in as well...

Vinnie Rossi has always been exceptionally
nice to work with...always accessible and willing
to spend time answering my questions and giving
excellent advice...a real gem...

Vinnie understands the special needs of Audio
Circles demanding members and is building his
business around our very special interests...

Vinnie's youth and enthusiasm is matched by
his solid skills as an innovator in digital amplifier
design and he seems to want to build his client
base on solid customer service...

It would be wonderful to see Vinnie succeed.
His success would send a vital message to
other audio designers that our august forum
is a vital base of dedicated audio enthusiasts
that are willing to purchase products that meet
our demanding expectations if they are
reasonably priced and backed by excellent
customer service as well as strong participation
in our forums...

And yes...it would be great to have Vinnie's presence
in AC with his own circle. I voted an enthusiastic
YES...for Red Wine Audio to be included in the
manufacturer’s circle.

Cheers to all!  -Richard-

smargo

« Reply #9 on: 28 Feb 2005, 06:07 pm »
are you kidding me? Should he even have to ask? This is a no brainer!

I cast my vote for vinnie to have his own circle

thanks
smargo

jackman

« Reply #10 on: 28 Feb 2005, 06:15 pm »
Hi Vin,
I voted yes also.  It's good to see a young guy taking a chance and getting into business.  I'd suggest putting together a demo product in a strong box.  My current setup will probably not allow me to audition anything for a while but I'll follow developments on your site.  

I do have a Sharp 1bit system in a bedroom but it's only used for background music.  Don't think it would be worth it to modify it at this point.  Best of luck in your venture.  

Jack

JeffB

« Reply #11 on: 28 Feb 2005, 06:41 pm »
I voted "yes" for giving Red Wine Audio its own site.  Vinnie R. has been extremely helpful and responsive with any of the questions that I have asked of him.  His products have received excellent reviews from those who have tried them.  I can't think of any reason not to give him his own site.  Plus the Clari-T is quite an innovative product.  Class 'D' amplifiers have historically only been used as sub woofer amplifiers.  Now that people have figured out how to use feedback to make them sound good, these amplifiers are making in roads as general amplification.  Still though, they are often high powered offerings to drive Apogees or they are built into Surround Sound receivers or they are built into low quality mini systems.  A two channel, high quality, low power, battery powered amplifier is pure genius.  It might not have been an original idea by Vinnie, but he has the best looking product around that fits this description.  Does anybody else think JVC or Panasonic will ever make a battery powered 2 channel amplifer, I don't.

lonewolfny42

• Speakers....What Speakers ?
« Reply #12 on: 28 Feb 2005, 06:54 pm »
Vinnie R:
    If I were to obtain a Red Wine Audio manufacturer’s circle, you have my word that I will:

1) Ensure that the circle remains active
    2) Respond to questions promptly
    3) Stimulate activity in the circle
    4) Encourage participation
    [/list:u]
      Always remember...your word is your bond ! Thats the way I see it.[/list:u]
        I voted yes. Vinnie has been very responsive to questions that members here have asked here....and ...at other sites on the web. So far, I've seen no complaints about his work...and thats good.  8) [/list:u]
          Good luck Vinnie.....and when did  you say the home demo amp tour would start ????? :lol: [/list:u]

lcrim

« Reply #13 on: 28 Feb 2005, 07:40 pm »
    Yes

doug s.

• makin' music
    « Reply #14 on: 28 Feb 2005, 07:46 pm »
    ok, so far five people have woted *no*.  how come no comments from all ya nay-sayers?  who are y'all?  where are y'all hiding?   :evil:

doug s.

Dmason

« Reply #15 on: 28 Feb 2005, 07:48 pm »
    Vinnie's amp is the FIRST component I have ever owned around which all future systems will be based; it has taken amplification out of the mix in other words; out of the audio-go-round. No other audio acquisition has done this. In 30 years, that is.  The combination of "digital" amps powered by batteries is mypersonal standard, and I have owned ALOT of amplifiers over the years.

His own Circle? As far as I am concerned, he has set the benchmark for not only customer service, but also involvement, and genuine contribution. In fact, his presence makes it easy to judge the involvement and the quality thereof, from the others who DO have Circles. In light of stirling performance by Vinnie, I am curious as to what possible motive any naysayer might have. :evil:

jswallac

« Reply #16 on: 28 Feb 2005, 07:59 pm »
    Hard to understand why somebody would vote no.  What reasons could they have?  I do not currently own one of Vinnie's products, but I have been reading many of the posts about the Clari T with interest.  I have also been quite impressed with Vinnie's knowledge and desire to communicate that knowledge.

GHM

« Reply #17 on: 28 Feb 2005, 08:03 pm »
    I agree completely! Vinnie is one of only a few designers/manufactures that I have dealt with that put the customers first. He seems to go well above what I think is fair in his business practices. I shipped my ClariT to him for added subwoofer outputs..he recieved it Saturday and it's back in the mail on it's way to me as I type this.

What a terrific guy..I would like to chat with him on the phone sometimes when he has some free time. I say give the man a manufacture's circle..he deserves it! :D

Yeap you guessed it a big YES!!!!!!

Gordy

« Reply #18 on: 28 Feb 2005, 08:07 pm »
    I just want to publicly thank Vinnie for taking the time out of his busy schedule  to answer my NON Red Wine Audio related questions!  A true gentleman in my book :D

Gordy

(I voted yes)

MttBsh

« Reply #19 on: 28 Feb 2005, 08:46 pm »
    As an enthusiast of both the Clari-T and Red Wine , Matt says heck yeah.