What Audio Concepts speakers do I have here?

DahaiTX

What Audio Concepts speakers do I have here?
« on: 2 Oct 2023, 02:59 pm »
Not sure if anyone recognizes these speakers, but any information on them would be greatly appreciated. They seem to have some nice drivers (possibly Dynaudio woofers) and they sound really good as well. Not sure what the unit on the back of it is..

Re: What Audio Concepts speakers do I have here?
« Reply #1 on: 3 Oct 2023, 02:50 am »
Not familiar with the model, but that’s a variovent on the back,  Aperiodic cabinet loading….

DahaiTX

« Reply #2 on: 3 Oct 2023, 04:25 am »
Not familiar with the model, but that’s a variovent on the back,  Aperiodic cabinet loading….
Thanks for the information, I believe you are right that is a dynaudio variovent on the back of the speaker, as well as the woofer, I think the mid and hi are also dynaudio but I have not checked them yet.

Jarbs

« Reply #3 on: 3 Oct 2023, 01:10 pm »
Those are Dynaudio drivers. I have a pair of Compact Monitors which I purchased in about 1987?, which also used Dynaudio. Looks like a DF21 tweeter, D76 midrange, and WM150 or something like that as the woofer. Mine use a DF28 tweeter with the same woofer driver. Very capable drivers, but a bit power hungry.

Not sure at all, but this pair might predate my CM's. ACI seemed to transition away from the expensive Dynaudio's from the late 1980's and on, often using Focal, Seas, or their own designs instead.

Jarbs

« Reply #4 on: 3 Oct 2023, 01:44 pm »
Correction. I pulled out an old ACI catalog. I didn't find the model of your speakers, but I believe these are the correct driver model numbers:
Tweeter - Dynaudio D21AF or D28AF
Midrange - Dynaudio D52AF or D54AF
Woofer - Dynaudio 17W75

As pointed out earlier, the Dynaudio Variovent on the back

Jarbs

« Reply #5 on: 3 Oct 2023, 02:09 pm »
I kept digging in my "time capsule" box of stuff.

Looks like a Quartz model. Mid 1980's.

Mudslide

« Reply #6 on: 3 Oct 2023, 08:15 pm »
Correction. I pulled out an old ACI catalog. I didn't find the model of your speakers, but I believe these are the correct driver model numbers:
Tweeter - Dynaudio D21AF or D28AF
Midrange - Dynaudio D52AF or D54AF
Woofer - Dynaudio 17W75

As pointed out earlier, the Dynaudio Variovent on the back

Are you certain that isn't a Vifa tweeter?  It's hard to see in the photo, but ........

opnly bafld

• 83 Klipsch LSIs