RWA Lighting for CAPS server

Val

RWA Lighting for CAPS server
« on: 13 Jun 2010, 05:53 pm »
I am thinking of building a CAPS music server, but I don't like the suggested wall wart power supply (12 V, 6.67 A, 80 W max). A Lightning Series 10 would be the perfect solution, right?

Thanks.

Vinnie R.

• Industry Contributor
    • http://www.vinnierossi.com
Re: RWA Lighting for CAPS server
« Reply #1 on: 16 Jun 2010, 01:45 pm »
I am thinking of building a CAPS music server, but I don't like the suggested wall wart power supply (12 V, 6.67 A, 80 W max). A Lightning Series 10 would be the perfect solution, right?

Thanks.

Hi Val,

Actually, it depends on if the CAPS continuously draws 6.67A, or if that is just a peak rating?  If it is the continuous draw, that is a lot of current and you will not get long enough play time - A much larger external battery like an Optima Blue top would be needed.

If the average current draw at 12V is much less than that, then Black Lightning could be a good solution.  It is not that Black Lightning cannot deliver the current - it is a matter of "for how long" and that depends on the continuous current draw of the device it is powering. 

So if you can find some specs on this, please email me and we'll see what is possible.

Best regards,

Vinnie