Red Wine Audio Listening Room

Vinnie R.

• Industry Contributor
    • http://www.vinnierossi.com
Red Wine Audio Listening Room
« on: 12 Mar 2010, 05:04 pm »
All,

It has taken a while, but the new Red Wine Audio listening room is pretty much finished and sounding really good!  Well, I am no photographer, but I wanted to post a few shots to at least give everyone an idea how the new listening room is coming along...

Above is a picture looking into to the front of the room.  Not very clear in the pic, but we have RealTraps Mondo Bass traps in the corners, rear-wall, as well as RFZ panels (on stands - at the 1st reflection points) on the side walls. 

Special thanks to Doug, Ethan, and Jim of Realtraps for all their help with selecting room dimensions, installation, and superb customer service!  Realtraps factory is actually located next town over (Wallingford, CT).  Check them out!  http://www.realtraps.com/index.htm

Here is a beautiful ALO Audio Black Walnut equipment rack.  My picture does not do it justice, so please see:
http://www.aloaudio.com/store/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=1_64&products_id=383

(Other finishes are available as seen on the ALO site, and we are proud to now be an authorized ALO Audio retailer of their furniture, home and portable audio cables, and more!)

For now, the rack holds:

- Isabellina dac
- Isabella tube preamp
- Signature 30.2 power amp
- WLM Minueta EL-84 Integrated
- RWA interconnects and speaker cables (and we'll be showcasing ALO Audio's latest offerings soon!)

- There is also a Wadia iTransport on top of the Isabellina dac, and off to the side is a Macbook.  I know - I need another equipment rack up there because I have more gear to add - including my Scheu Analog turntable.  Haven't had time to get the analog rig set up yet - but that is on the "to do" list! :whip:

Current speakers shown are the WLM La Scala Floorstander, and WLM Stella Monitor (Maple).  The Stellas are on temporary metal stands - and I plan to order a custom pair of Skylan 2-post stands, which need to be a little taller. 

Not shown in the pics:

- A soft leather listening chair in the sweet spot, and a chair on each side of that. 
- Drop-ceiling with acoustic tiles
- Recessed lighting, with dimmer switch
- Electrical outlets and lighting on separate circuits (not that it matters with our battery gear, but we put in the effort with this anyway  8))

Coming to visit (by appointment only)

If you are interested in an audition, please contact me to set up an appointment:
http://www.redwineaudio.com/contact/

For those of you who are seriously considering audition our components and WLM Loudspeakers, now you can in a relaxed environment. You can even bring your existing gear along to see how it mates and / or compares to our offerings. And most importantly, we welcome you to bring your favorite music (CDs, vinyl, or even a laptop filled with music!). I will enjoy meeting customers and fellow music lovers, and would love to show-off our production space during your visit.

Address and Directions

Address

Red Wine Audio
51 Ozick Drive, Suite 101
Durham, CT 06422
(860) 398-5385

Directions

From I-91 North

- Take Exit 15 for CT-68 towards Yalesville/Durham
- Take a Right off the ramp onto CT-68 (Barnes Road)
- Continue on RT-68 for approx. 3 miles
- Turn right on to Ozick Drive
- 51 Ozick Drive is the last building on the right, up the hill

From I-91 South

- Take Exit 15 for CT-68 towards Yalesville/Durham
- Take a Left off the ramp onto CT-68 (Barnes Road)
- Continue on RT-68 for approx. 3 miles
- Turn right on to Ozick Drive
- 51 Ozick Drive is the last building on the right, up the hill

From I-84 East

- Take I-691 East (EXIT 27) toward Meriden/Middletown
- Take Exit 10 toward I-91 South/New Haven
- Follow instructions above from I-91 South

From I-84 West

- Take exit 57 (LEFT EXIT) to merge on Rt. 15 South toward I-91 South
- Take Exit 86 to merge on I-91 South toward New Haven
- Follow instructions above from I-91 South

NOTE: You might want to bring a GPS with you or verify this online - but I think these are correct!

Other local attractions (when the weather gets nice!  :wink:):

Attractions close to our new location include a vineyard and apple orchard:

http://www.gouveiavineyards.com
http://www.lymanorchards.com

I must confess that you'll need to drive out of Durham, CT for good eating, and there is not a whole lot going on in the downtown, which is about 2 miles from our building (continuing East on CT-68).  Durham, CT is a small, historic town, but there is supposed to be a really good place for ice cream! 

I'll post more updates soon...

Thanks for all your interest and continued support!

Vinnie

Mariusz

Re: Red Wine Audio Listening Room
« Reply #1 on: 12 Mar 2010, 05:28 pm »
Looking great Vinnie. :thumb:

Finally a place to crush and just chill. :lol:

Does it mean that moving/showroom is done (100%)?
( off Mon.& Tue. for next few months) :wink:

Best
Mariusz
  :thumb:

jtwrace

• www.theintellectualpeoplepodcast.com
    • TIPP YouTube Channel
« Reply #2 on: 12 Mar 2010, 05:42 pm »
Looks great!   :drool:

What does Ethan think?  He's the hard one to please...   :D

lonewolfny42

• Speakers....What Speakers ?
« Reply #3 on: 12 Mar 2010, 07:43 pm »
Congrats Vinnie...looking good !! :beer:

How big is that room ? :scratch:

Hebrew Hammer

• Industry Participant
  • www.Randall-K.com
« Reply #4 on: 12 Mar 2010, 07:44 pm »
me likey!!!!

roymail

• Roy in TX
« Reply #5 on: 12 Mar 2010, 08:13 pm »
Vinnie, it looks great... I'm happy to see it's finally done.  Bet it sounds awesome.  How's everything else coming along with the new location?  Take care!   :green:

-Roy

zybar

• Volunteer
  • Dutch and Dutch 8C's…yes they are that good!
« Reply #6 on: 13 Mar 2010, 03:07 am »
Very nice Vinnie.

One of these days I will have to visit on one of my trips (either coming or going) to New York.

George

Vinnie R.

• Industry Contributor
« Reply #7 on: 15 Mar 2010, 09:44 pm »
Hi Guys,

Thanks for all your responses!

oes it mean that moving/showroom is done (100%)?
( off Mon.& Tue. for next few months) :wink:

Best
Mariusz

It is not 100% done (no turntable set-up, still fine-tweaking things), but it is still ready
for some serious listening and is sounding really good in there!  :)

Looks great!   :drool:

What does Ethan think?  He's the hard one to please...   :D

Ethan hasn't visited yet... it was Doug who stopped over to help me with setting up the Real Traps.  Ethan gave me tips on the dimensions, and putting R30 insulation on top of the drop ceiling.
I hope when he's in the area, he'll stop to check it out.  I'm pretty sure I can use a few more Real Traps to really flatten the response - but the sweet spot is still quite SWEET!  :wink:

Congrats Vinnie...looking good !! :beer:

How big is that room ? :scratch:

thanks, Chris!  It is 16' wide x 22' deep x 9' tall.  Here is another shot, where you can see the ceiling:

Not a small room, but not a large one either.  I feels just right - and it fit into the space that I had to work within this new building.  Wink2

Vinnie, it looks great... I'm happy to see it's finally done.  Bet it sounds awesome.  How's everything else coming along with the new location?  Take care!   :green:

Thanks, Roy!

Still getting all settled into the new location, but it's working out and is a much nicer building than where I was before.  No more ancient freight elevator to go up and down - now everything is on ground-level, and there is parking right in front of the building (no more street parking)!  I need to get a "reserved" sign for my parking spot.  :lol:  Or maybe it should say "reserved for employee of the month"  :green:

Of course - this was a chunk of change to get set-up, and rent is quite a bit higher now  :(.  But I feel good about it and I'll be here for at least 3 years, so it was worth it to me.

Very nice Vinnie.

One of these days I will have to visit on one of my trips (either coming or going) to New York.

George

Hi George,

Sounds good - just look me up and I'd love to have you over!

Thanks again, everyone!  :beer:

Vinnie
« Last Edit: 19 Mar 2010, 02:11 pm by Vinnie R. »

sabes

« Reply #8 on: 19 Jun 2010, 01:31 pm »
World class. Vinnie's always had world-beating ideas and products, but now he has a facility to match! i had the pleasure yesterday of visiting the new digs (and grabbing some awesome Thai with Vinnie down the road in Wallingford), and i was blown away.  With characteristic thought and foresight, Vinnie has set himself up a top-notch workshop facility that can also grow with him, while setting up a listening room that is to drool for.  Seriously, i don't think i've ever been in a hifi store where the gear was adequately showcased; Vinnie has set the standard. Actually, i don't know how he gets any work done, because i'd be sitting in the cushy leather chair spinning tunes all day, a fridge and restroom just steps away!

V's got all our favorite RWA gear set up in the room, plus a few prototypes of goodies to come (phono stage, e.g.).  And we can now hear the terrific WLM speakers in action - the Stellas are shockingly good for their size (this is a good-sized room, and they can fill it!), but my favorites were the La Scalas - you owe yourself a listen!

Vinnie was his usual ebullient, gracious self, and turned me on to some new recordings as well. Thanks as always, Vinnie!

Vinnie R.

• Industry Contributor
« Reply #9 on: 22 Jun 2010, 05:38 pm »
Hi Sabes,

Thanks for visiting last Friday - great time and I'm glad you liked the new digs and the listening room.

Actually, i don't know how he gets any work done, because i'd be sitting in the cushy leather chair spinning tunes all day, a fridge and restroom just steps away!

It takes discipline - but I still need to test equipment and get a chance to sneak in and play that extra song, just to make sure everything is perfect before shipping  :wink:

Vinnie was his usual ebullient, gracious self, and turned me on to some new recordings as well. Thanks as always, Vinnie!

Thanks for visiting, Sabes!

All the best,

Vinnie