Gronebergs ICs problem

LesterSleepsIn

• Occasionally consternated
Gronebergs ICs problem
« on: 19 Feb 2019, 01:14 pm »
I have the ultra pimped out Kismets in Khartago cases as well as Groneberg power cords, speaker wires and interconnects, impressive products all. But ... I find the IC connectors are an absolute bear to get into the amplifier. An extremely tight fit and so much so, the ICs don’t seem to completely go in. Am I doing something wrong? Should I be using a lubricant?

Cheers,
Lester

Phil A

Re: Gronebergs ICs problem
« Reply #1 on: 19 Feb 2019, 01:17 pm »
Is the outer shell bent?  I was over someone's house about a month back and he told he the coax connection between his transport and DAC wasn't working.  When I looked at the RCA connector it was loose as the outer shell was bent.  I bent it back and initially it was a drop too tight and wouldn't go on and then I adjusted it.

rollo

• Industry Participant
  • Rollo Audio Consulting -
« Reply #2 on: 19 Feb 2019, 04:38 pm »
  Very tight RCA no question. Check to see if pin is straight. If straight just a tight fit. I use Graphene to lubricate. Could use Progold as well. BTW i do not use barrel on IC . Sounds better to me [ less mass] off and goes all the way in.  :thumb:

charles

klaus@odyssey

« Reply #3 on: 19 Feb 2019, 09:10 pm »
WBT  LOCKING CONNECTORS !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Untighten the sleeve, push over connector,  hold firm,  and tighten up the outer sleeve again .............

aaron.luebke

« Reply #4 on: 19 Feb 2019, 09:48 pm »
LOL...what he said ^^^

:popcorn:

LesterSleepsIn

« Reply #5 on: 20 Feb 2019, 08:53 am »
WBT ....?

Ok, thanks. I’ll try all of the above tomorrow. Phil, the pins aren’t bent, I checked.

WBT....?

Cheers,
Lester

Brettio

« Reply #6 on: 20 Feb 2019, 12:56 pm »
WBT as in the brand of connector.  Check out this link.

http://www.wbtusa.com/pdf/rca.pdf

LesterSleepsIn

« Reply #7 on: 20 Feb 2019, 02:01 pm »
WBT as in the brand of connector.  Check out this link.

http://www.wbtusa.com/pdf/rca.pdf

Oh, thanks. I thought WBT was some of Klaus’ hipster talk. (And I’m just now getting used to ‘daddy-o’).

Yup, read the link and all is well now. Straight from the fridge daddy-o, straight from the fridge.

All best,
Lester

FireGuy

« Reply #8 on: 20 Feb 2019, 02:03 pm »
Have you tried contacting the vendor?  I'm all for a simple, in-home solution but involving the source of the product is where I would go.

tjhendry

« Reply #9 on: 20 Feb 2019, 02:32 pm »
Hi, Lester.

Not for nothing, but...if you buy your gear from Best Buy they can send the Geek Squad in emergencies like this.

Cheers.

Tom

A_shah

« Reply #10 on: 21 Feb 2019, 05:47 am »
Oh, thanks. I thought WBT was some of Klaus’ hipster talk. (And I’m just now getting used to ‘daddy-o’).

Yup, read the link and all is well now. Straight from the fridge daddy-o, straight from the fridge.

All best,
Lester

WBT are expensive but are probably one of the best connectors available, I have set of  groneberg IC with these types of connectors from Klaus  you can tell the difference if you have a very resolving system which you  probably have  with the Kismets  the Speaker wires I can tell you match's SQ of the Cardis Clear wire a set of which I also own Cheers !   :popcorn: