GIK Alpha panel - a big thumb up

Austin08

GIK Alpha panel - a big thumb up
« on: 7 May 2016, 12:01 am »
I started building a second system in my living room at my new house last year. Things start getting together and working out quite well. I Just got these two Alpha panels this week and the result is much better than I would hope for. Before, I have a 4" 2x4 DIY 703 OC in between my speaker. Sound was nice but I felt a little too close-in. Also, center image and sounstage collapsed and offside to either left or right if I moved out of my LP. After putting these Alpha panels in, I do a quick listening and notice I hear more detail in a broarder way. It seems like the soundstage is open up much more evenly. I tried to move my body out of the sweet spot and did notice soundstage and image did not change as much as It did. When I listened to Jackson Brown - Solo Acoustic, his voice seem more nature and not as "thick and overly warm", Barbados - Jazz at the pawn shop, instruments were well play and I felt more "lively" than I did before....."Great Scotch" I said..

Anyway, GIK Alpha panel is a real deal and I am thinking of putting more of these into this system (if my wife gives me a green like) and my other system, too. Thanks GIK for your wonderful product.

Here is the picture of my living room system which also has two DIY panel behind each speaker. Due to this room is also my formal living room so these Alpha panels will stay there temporally. (I think I need to make a 12" riser for these panel too). They will stay at corners of room when not in use.

dpatters

Re: GIK Alpha panel - a big thumb up
« Reply #1 on: 9 May 2016, 12:05 pm »
The GIK Alphas worked out well for me too!  Nice room :thumb:

Don P.

Glenn Kuras

• Industry Contributor
« Reply #2 on: 9 May 2016, 02:10 pm »
Wow and they look pretty cool!! Keep us posted if you have any questions and thanks for the order.  :thumb:

Glenn
GIK Acoustics

Austin08

« Reply #3 on: 15 May 2016, 12:48 am »
I just got a chance to made a 12" riser for these panels, today. Wow... soundstage is much taller, I feel like there is a full wall of sound now. I also notice I could easily hear the sound of the right speaker when I lay down on my sofa on the opposite side. What a great product, Thanks GIKs, I did not need to break a bank to bring my system to the next level. (I set my mind that I will use all GIK products especially these Alpha panel for my dedicated room in the not so far future)

I often compared this living room system to my Salk SS8 system in the other room and the Salk system always won. Now, it would be harder for me to compare. who care, I would get knock out within a minute I sat down in front of each system now.