Got my 8th Nerve Modified roompack

Marbles

« on: 1 May 2003, 10:46 pm »
Today I received my modified roompack.

It consisted of 6 corner treatments and 6 seems, and no echo's.

The seems are placed vertically along two of the corners (I only have two real corners in the room with the way it opens to other rooms) and the other 4 are placed horizontally at the ceiling along all four walls.

I do have four corners plus other areas where ducts come out for the 6 corners.

This stuff is light, relatively small and blends in better than most all other room treatments I have seen.

It is also less expensive then most other room treatments and the customer service is great.

Thanks Kris!!

One thing I haven't seen mentioned is they include the pushpins needed to mount the treatments to the walls/ceilings.

Anyway it is too soon to give any sort of review other then what was said above.

In a few weeks I will tell you guys how it works (or not) for me.

Pez

« Reply #1 on: 2 May 2003, 01:24 am »
I'm so jealous! If you get anything near the results we got at MAF you will not regret this purchase.  :)

Marbles

« Reply #2 on: 2 May 2003, 03:22 am »
Klaus was over a few weeks ago and he mentioned my (lack of) speaker placement.

Kris also mentioned it after seeing my pics.  So tonight after my 95 year old Grandmother in law got done talking my ear off....thank God she had to go to bed early, I changed the speaker placement to something much better.  I pulled them in front of the TV a ways and also moved the left front closer to the right front for better centering.

I also removed the acoustic foam between the TV and the speakers as it was no longer needed.

Anyway, because of the speaker placement change, I might not be able to do an acurate assessment of the 8th Nerve stuff.

I will say that the system sounds as good or better than it ever has in both digital and analog.

Now I just have to put up with Grandma, and my mother in law for another week  :evil:

(Actually I like my wifes Grandma much better than the MIL)

Obie

« Reply #3 on: 2 May 2003, 01:31 pm »
Marbles-

I'm betting that you will ultimately be very pleased that you moved those speakers.   We (Eighth Nerve guys) are much more concerned, in an absolute sense, that you get your best sound soonest.  While we certainly appreciate your feedback in A/B comparisons posted here or elsewhere, I'm much happier that you like the difference of moving those speakers.  

I still look forward to hearing your reaction to the Response products, even if it is compromized by circumstances.   I'm sure that the products we decided on will do great things for the room.  Good luck with the in-laws.  :wink:  

Most sincerely,
Kris Johnson

Eduardo AAVM

« Reply #4 on: 8 May 2003, 02:33 am »
Marbles congratulations I was surprised and still I am, believe me you will be surprised too they are simply awesome.

WilliamL

Si, gracias...
« Reply #5 on: 8 May 2003, 02:58 pm »
Eduardo,

As usual thanks for your feedback. Its great to have such enthusiastic dealers/distributors/customers, etc.

A new review of Eighth Nerve Response is coming out soon in an excellent internet magazine. I can't say now, but I will let everybody know when its online.

Also, the guys in Nashville have a few new products that we are prototyping. Very exciting stuff !!!!

Thanks,
Bill