I'm a believer!!!

Pez

I'm a believer!!!
« on: 15 Apr 2003, 01:03 am »
Hi guys,
   Just wanted to say that your stuff really helped make the Bolder Room sound AMAZING  We set up all the equipment first and then took a listen.  It sounded ok I guess, but then we put the Eighth Nerve room treatment stuff on the corners and it made a big improvement. It was really great being the only room to use real room treatment.  People commented on how it "Looked and sounded very professional" and "why didn't anyone else use room treatment, I wonder if their room would have sounded as good as yours if they did" Not to mention that $270 goes a long way with your products.  Again thanks for helping our room sound great!!!!! :)

Woodsea

I'm a believer!!!
« Reply #1 on: 15 Apr 2003, 01:59 am »
Interesting, that Jason made a point of this.  This room fixes were very incognito, and if he says it made a difference than they should sell themselves.  I grabbed a sheet with the pics and prices because I knew the wife would not mind the unobtrisiveness of these room acroutiments.  I did not hear the room without, but within it rocked, and I know my personal room needs some fixin'.

WilliamL

Thanks PEZ
« Reply #2 on: 16 Apr 2003, 04:16 am »
Pez: Thanks for your thoughts and encouragement. Looks like you guys really had something special going on there at the MAF and we are glad to be part of it. Although acoustic products may not be as sexy as electronics, speakers, and cables, they are a must if one hopes to attain semi decent sound in their room, let alone audio nirvana! And yes, we worked very hard on manufacturing processes that enabled us to sell our products at such a good price. We are proud of our reputation for value--especially when you compare our prices/performance to that of other "high end" acoustic treatments.

Woodsea: Feel free to fax or email a room diagram our way if you need any input or thoughts about which room treatment configuration would fit your needs.

Thanks and Sincere Cheers,
Bill Laurent

Pez

Re: Thanks PEZ
« Reply #3 on: 16 Apr 2003, 01:28 pm »
Quote from: Bill Laurent
Woodsea: Feel free to fax or email a room diagram our way if you need any input or thoughts about which room treatment configuration would fit your needs.

Thanks and Sincere Cheers,
Bill Laurent

I thought that you did this for our room as sort of a "special thing" to promote your products and have the best setup for the show.  I had no idea you did this for all of your customers! It was really helpful to just look at your diagram and setup accordingly. Hmmmmmm your accoustic and customer treatment is amazing.  :wink:

Wayne1

I'm a believer!!!
« Reply #4 on: 16 Apr 2003, 01:57 pm »
I thought that you did this for our room as sort of a "special thing" to promote your products and have the best setup for the show. I had no idea you did this for all of your customers! It was really helpful to just look at your diagram and setup accordingly.

As usual, Jason never pays attention to anything I say :lol:

I made a special point of telling everyone who walked into the suite what great customer service Eighth Nerve provides. Nathan Loyer (Bill's partner) worked very hard on making the diagrams for both my listening room and the suite in Lima.

While the gear we had was very good, the room treatment and bass EQ is what really made the sound something special.

I feel that the personal attention to a customer's needs is what really sets Eighth Nerve apart. When you get the product, you don't have to randomly try it in different areas. The placement diagram alone is worth the price of the product.

Thank you very much for product information you sent to us in Lima. I will be including it in all of my future shipments to my customers. I do HIGHLY recommend the Eighth Nerve products.

BikeWNC

I'm a believer!!!
« Reply #5 on: 16 Apr 2003, 02:33 pm »
I've just ordered some Eighth Nerve acoustical treatments for my room.  They should be here by Friday.  If they are anything like the products I've tried from the other companies participating on this forum, they will provide tremendous performance for the money.  I'll let you know how they work out.

Andy

Hantra

I'm a believer!!!
« Reply #6 on: 16 Apr 2003, 10:47 pm »
Hah!

Glad you got some Andy.  I just ordered more today for my room.  I really think they help my room quite a bit more than my previous inferior, over-absorbent treatments.

Did you get my pics?

B

WilliamL

I'm a believer!!!
« Reply #7 on: 16 Apr 2003, 11:05 pm »
You got pictures B? C'mon and post them already; we all want to see the new room and house. :mrgreen:

Andy: Good point about price to performance concerning many of the other companies on this forum. I was just thinking the same thing myself. Seems a whole new vanguard of audio manufacturers who offer friendly customer service, great products, and outstanding value is starting to make itself noticed.

Cheers,
Bill

Hantra

I'm a believer!!!
« Reply #8 on: 16 Apr 2003, 11:46 pm »

Martice

I'm a believer!!!
« Reply #9 on: 23 Apr 2003, 11:29 am »
Hello Hantra,

Nice room.  I do have one question and that is if you have any or plan to get any treatment on the side walls to address the first reflections?  First reflections are critical in reducing signal colorations.  I also have some Eigth Nerve Corners and love them but you will really hear what they have to offer if you address your side walls as well as your wall behind your speakers.  Addressing just these two aspects of your room will be the difference between hearing your favorite artists and having them inside the room with you.

Pez

I'm a believer!!!
« Reply #10 on: 23 Apr 2003, 01:24 pm »
double post

Pez

I'm a believer!!!
« Reply #11 on: 23 Apr 2003, 01:25 pm »
Kind of on a side note Hantra,  you may want to stuff something between the strings of that guitar while you listen. I have a guitar in my listening room to and when I listen at high enough levels I hear the strings ringing sympathetically.  BTW what a model is your martin? Nice guitar. :)

Hantra

I'm a believer!!!
« Reply #12 on: 23 Apr 2003, 02:01 pm »
P:

Good point.  I can hear it ring at times.  

Mine is a D-16RGT.  I couldn't justify the price difference going to the 28 b/c the differences are so minor, and the sound is not $1000 better.  

What axe are you banging on over there?

B

Pez

I'm a believer!!!
« Reply #13 on: 23 Apr 2003, 02:49 pm »
I've got a couple.

I've got a Seagull acoustic guitar. The model number escapes me at the moment. Basically it's nothing fancy, just a solid spruce top and laminate spruce body.

I also have a pretty nice Jackson electric guitar. I have a one of a kind purple AT2T.  

I think I may take some pictures of my guitars and post them here.  :)

WilliamL

Guitar(s)
« Reply #14 on: 23 Apr 2003, 07:53 pm »
Pez:

Post those pics. I can drool over your guitars! I have an Ovation electric acoustic. Really love the action and not a bad sound for the money. In fact, this is my 2nd Ovation. I pretty much beat the hell out of both guitars and they took it pretty well (My first one lasted 10 years before I bequethed it to my brother a few years back).

Hantra:
Better yet, post some MP3s of yourself when you learn to flat pick your way out of a paper bag. :lol:

I love talking about guitars and keys--maybe we should move this over to another forum(?) to get wider discussion going. :?:

WilliamL

Actually....
« Reply #15 on: 23 Apr 2003, 08:04 pm »
In answer to Pez's question:

I think Hantra did get some seams for his side walls this week, if i am not mistaken. Hantra?  :wave:

JoshK

I'm a believer!!!
« Reply #16 on: 23 Apr 2003, 08:28 pm »
I don't really play....but I like to mess around and I am learning.  (I read music though).   I got my first acoustic about a year ago.   I got a Norman based off a recommendation.  It sounds good and didn't break the bank.

Hantra

I'm a believer!!!
« Reply #17 on: 23 Apr 2003, 08:31 pm »
I think Hantra did get some seams for his side walls this week, if i am not mistaken.

That's right.  

I installed them last night, and what an improvement.  I am not sure what else I can do now.  I am pretty much set with my room now.

Thanks guys!

B

Pez

I'm a believer!!!
« Reply #18 on: 24 Apr 2003, 02:51 am »
posted my guitar pictures in my gallery, but first things first guys, Go here: http://www.audiocircle.com/index.php?topic=2268 vote for a musicians circle!!!!

Pics are here: http://www.audiocircle.com/index.php?action=gallery;area=browse;album=9

WilliamL

I'm a believer!!!
« Reply #19 on: 24 Apr 2003, 02:58 am »
Cool Purple Guitar. Thanks for posting these. I voted for the Musicians Circle. :drums: