Here is my problem. Which product is for me?

starlet

« on: 21 Mar 2003, 05:57 am »
My speakers are place at the long wall in the living room. They are about 10 feet apart from each other. The listening  sofa which is place against the back wall is also about 10 feet away from the speakers.

My system is in the L living room. The left speaker is about 5 feet away from the said wall, the right one is about 10 feet away.

I have observed that the both coners of the left wall has a huge amount of bass energy (when I stand facing the coner of the walls while music is playing) which is what I want but can’t feel at the listening position.

I reckon that if I can’t solve this room problem, there is no point for me to get bigger speaker.

Which  Eigth Nerve product can help me with this problem?

Thank you.

WilliamL

Your room....
« Reply #1 on: 21 Mar 2003, 07:42 pm »
Yes, Solve the room situation first. If you don't do this, then nothing will sound good.

Our floorstanders can help you solve the open port space in your room. And in those corners, you will probably want to mount some Framed Responses (they can be corner mounted and we will supply the mounting bracket if requested) that will help balance things out for you.

Currently, we have a list of speaker placement tips that we may edit and put on our website. But for now, try moving your speakers in so that they are about 8.5-9.0 feet apart. There are certain golden ratios that tend to work depending on room and system.

What you may want to do is fax or email a diagram and/or pictures of your room: blaurent@eighthnerve.com / Consulting faxline 212-937-3512.

Startlet. Do you live in Singapore?   :drums:

Cheers and Sincere Thanks,
Bill Laurent

starlet

« Reply #2 on: 22 Mar 2003, 12:04 am »
Yeah, I am from Singapore :rules:

I will send a fax to you Monday with some description of my system and room.

Cheer

WilliamL

« Reply #3 on: 26 Mar 2003, 03:24 pm »
Starlet,

FYI, Since you live in Singapore, you may want to visit our new dealer in Singapore for Eighth Nerve products also.  Check out Soundscape HiFi And Music (http://www.soundscapehifi.com). I am sure that you have heard of them. They will have stock of many of our produts there in a week or two.

Regards,
Bill Laurent

Soundscape HiFi And Music

• http://www.soundscapehifi.com
« Reply #4 on: 11 Apr 2003, 04:49 pm »
Hello, Starlet,

We have the Eighth Nerve products in stock now, feel free to drop by our showroom and talk to us.  Our address is at #02-44, The Adelphi.

Bill is right, the room has a significant impact in the sound of a system - it can make or break a system.  Properly treating the room will reap huge benefits in terms of sonic quality.  And Eighth Nerve products do it in a way that won't kill the sound.  Eighth Nerve products are proven effective, and affordable in comparison to the competition.

Below is a feedback from a happy customer, with just 2 Frames and a couple of Echoes.

http://www.soundscapehifi.com/en.htm#feedback

We also use  a couple of Frames in the showroom, and just these alone increased the sense of scale and power of our smaller system driven by a 38-watt amp, a noteworthy achievement. This is what we meant by enhancing the presentation without killing the sound.  Instead, the products help extract more performance through proper control.

With Best Regards,
JR
Soundscape HiFi And Music
Singapore

WilliamL

Cool!
« Reply #5 on: 14 Apr 2003, 04:29 pm »
JR. You did a nice on job on your website. Thanks, its really great when our dealers give great support to our products. :)

Our Mexico distributor (Eduardo who posts at Audio Circle frequently) is also one of those people that take great pride in making informative web sites for brands they carry.

Cheers,
Bill