Echoes Treatment

witchdoctor

Echoes Treatment
« on: 18 Mar 2003, 12:56 am »
This piece is designed to be placed 1 inch from the ceiling in the center of the room. You should treat either 2 walls or 4.
I evaluated this treatment with both corners and seams already in place.

I started by placing treatment on all 4 walls. i did not like what I heard. It drew in the soundstage and cut off the highs. I listened to a few different
types of music and did not hear what I wanted. I decided to remove just the two echoes that were on the side walls.
Voila! I instantly had the highs return and noticed the soundstage seem to lock in place. Better definition of instruments in the real space.
I would not reccomend this piece alone unless you need to tame brightness alone. It had more of a dampening effect in my small apt.

When added with the corners and seams it helped better define the soundstage, particularly on classical music.

I reccomend starting with a roompack and simply order two more echoes if it is still to bright,

WilliamL

Echoes Treatment
« Reply #1 on: 18 Mar 2003, 04:29 am »
Todd,

Once again, I have a few more suggestions on those other two echos that should give you the BANG you are looking for.

When we get together, we will tweak it out and get that system singing even more! I have a few other tweaks that may surprise you!

Cheers,
Bill

Eduardo AAVM

Echoes Treatment
« Reply #2 on: 18 Mar 2003, 07:02 am »
That is just what I need, when I clap my hands I hear that awful echo sound just there in the front wall above, the angle between wall and ceiling.

I am really anxious, waiting for my roompack I have high expectations...

Thank you for your information...