Has anyone here heard Odyssey mono's(or any Odyssey) on ML's

KCI-JohnP

I currently have the Martin Logan Odyssey's for mains. My pre/pro is the Sunfire TGIII and my amp is the Sunfire Signature.  My room setup right now really sucks the big one but I will be moving soon.  I love the Martins but with the current room condition they sound a bit "fatiguing" or bright.  What do you guys think?  A pair of mono blocks would be wonderful, then I could use the Sunfire to power the surrounds.  Also, can someone give me an idea of how much more the Xtreme's cost verses the standard mono blocks?  Thanks for your help.

Kishore

« Reply #1 on: 25 Apr 2003, 08:10 am »
I think there are many users having ML+Stratos Combo. Call up "Lion" Klaus..also check out/search audiogon. (I remember seeing many folks over at audiogon using same combo).

As far as pricing wrt upgrades-call Klaus (317-299-5578)..and he will take care of you :D

Cheers,
Kishore

KCI-JohnP

« Reply #2 on: 29 Apr 2003, 01:08 am »
Thanks for the info Kishore.  Will give him a call when I'm a bit closer to pulling the trigger.

amandarae

« Reply #3 on: 30 Apr 2003, 05:17 am »
I have the Odyssey monos (with 360,000uF upgrade) running my ML Ascents for 5 months now.   IMO, the monos have a very good synergy with the Logans.  I also own a Threshold Stasis S500/Class A-AB/250W per channel/optical bias.  I prefer the more open, detailed, and tight grip of the Stratos monos over the Threshold.

The Threshold is a superb amp, but synergy is the key.  The Stratos controls my Ascents better especially in complex passages.  

Give the Stratos monos a try.  They have a very good return policy and customer support not to mention the 20 year warranty.
As far as the Extremes, I have no intention on upgrading my Stratos monos to it. No need!  I like what I am hearing, why mess it up?

Go to Martinloganowners.com, Member Systems.  Mine is system#6 with the monos.  Although the room furniture and decor was now different, my system is still the same with the addition of an analog rig.

Stratos monos, Martin Logans,  and vinyl?   Made in heaven! :angel: :hyper:  :angel:  :hyper:

KCI-JohnP

« Reply #4 on: 2 May 2003, 04:20 am »
Hi amandarae,
   Nice system you got there!!  I have narrowed it down to either the Odyssey's or the Antique Sound Labs Hurricane monoblocs.  I want tubes pretty bad but am worried about some of their draw backs.  Thanks for your info.  I'll watch for ya at the ML site.
PS-Aren't those Ascents awesome!  I had them in my home for about a week and loved them(traded up to the Odyssey).

amandarae

« Reply #5 on: 2 May 2003, 04:33 am »
Hello Joker,

Yes, the Ascents are awesome in my set up.  I do not have the money to get up to the Odysseys.  But with the Addition of an ACI Titan LE sub in my room, I am more than satisfied.

FYI, if you are diving into Vinyl land soon, the Stratos are excellent with the Logans.  If so happens that you decided to buy the Stratos monos, and you are in the stage that your CD base set up is at par already with the amp, multiply that with  a hundred and that's what vinyl sounds with the Stratos.  

My current analog set up comprises of:

Michell Gyrodeck, WPP100C(Wright Sound Phono Preamp), Benz Ace(medium output) cartridge, just the stock REGA 300, ARC LS12 (SS) preamp, and the monos.

It's amazing!!!!!  I havent touch my CD player eversince I completed my analog rig.  Did I mentioned that " I am more than satisfied.." with my monos and MLs? :D

KCI-JohnP

« Reply #6 on: 2 May 2003, 02:13 pm »
Hey Amandarae,
   No, you really haven't said wether you are happy with your Stratos! lol.  I also have the Titan LE, what a great sub!  I would like to buy a second one someday.  I got lucky on my Odyssey's, Ultimate Electronics was selling out all of their stock due to they won't be carrying them anymore, some conflict of interest with KEF.  Anyway, I got mine for pretty cheap.  I can't wait to get set up for vinyl.  I would like to buy the VPI Scout, seems like its a pretty good table for the $$.  Right now my wife and I are searching around like at garage sales etc  to build up our stock of albums so when we do get a turntable we will have something to play on it.  One album I am going to buy new is Dido, we have the cd and it sounds great, can't imagine what it will sound like on vinyl.  
   Hey, I wanted to ask you, "are you more than satisfied.. with your monos and MLs"???
:lol: