Kim Hwang's HT3's

jsalk

Kim Hwang's HT3's
« on: 6 May 2006, 12:14 pm »
Kim knew extactly what he wanted - HT3's in Afircan makore with Australian lacwood fromt baffles, trim and plinths.  It just so happened that a few weeks earlier I came across a nice wide lacewood board and purchased it for future use.  This is very rare since lacwood lumber is normally only about 5" wide. So the timing could not have been better.  (I have since been looking for a 10" wide board for his center channel, but haven't been able to locate one.)

Here is a picture:

And here is a CU of the front baffle:

I think they turned out real nice.  Happy listening Kim!

- Jim

95bcwh

Kim Hwang's HT3's
« Reply #1 on: 6 May 2006, 03:09 pm »
Great work as usual!!!

Jim, can you pls kindly give me an estimate when will my HT3 be shipping? No pressure :wink:, I understand that you're busier than ever , I just want to make sure that my listening is done before the speaker arrive.

Thanks
barry
Houston

jsalk

Kim Hwang's HT3's
« Reply #2 on: 6 May 2006, 03:17 pm »
barry -

Your cabinets are almost finished.  I ran out of veneer and need to get some more before I can complete the last two panels.  I hope to have them veneered by the end of next week.  Finishing will start the following week and assembly the week after that if all goes well (which it should).  So I would say 2 - 3 weeks.

- Jim

texas steve

Kim Hwang's HT3's
« Reply #3 on: 6 May 2006, 03:25 pm »
Quote from: 95bcwh
Great work as usual!!!

Jim, can you pls kindly give me an estimate when will my HT3 be shipping? No pressure :wink:, I understand that you're busier than ever , I just want to make sure that my listening is done before the speaker arrive.

Thanks
barry
Houston

Hard to wait isint it!!!

95bcwh

Kim Hwang's HT3's
« Reply #4 on: 7 May 2006, 01:40 am »
Hard to wait indeed :lol: , but I haven't yet heard any owners who said it's not worth the wait!! :mrgreen:

imola cab

Kim Hwang's HT3's
« Reply #5 on: 24 May 2006, 02:14 am »
Hi everyone, Just got my speakers today and will unpack them this week so I can take some pics. I can't wait to fire them up..