3i & Deep Hemp arrived safe

doctorcilantro

3i & Deep Hemp arrived safe
« on: 9 Jul 2009, 08:41 pm »
Man these are sweet right out of the box - you don't want to know what I was using in the interim. Seriously, these sound much better than I thought they would out of the box. I listened to some expensive systems lately too. Everything is either native 24/96 or upsampled flac sent through Nova Sabre DAC and its tube pre into Sophia power amp (for now). 

I have to wire up the sub through my tube amp but for now the Nova line out is feeding it.

I can already tell with only 1.5 hours, these are winners and they integrate nicely into our  limited space.

Never heard a full range driver, ever. This is going to be a lot of fun.

Thanks Louis.

Jon

Capt. Z

Re: 3i & Deep Hemp arrived safe
« Reply #1 on: 9 Jul 2009, 10:26 pm »
Break in time will be interesting. I just broke my XRS 3 Hemp in and they changed so much, now they have over 250 hours on and they really are filling out the room with sound.

Enjoy the journey.

genjamon

« Reply #2 on: 9 Jul 2009, 11:12 pm »
Great to hear you like it.  I'll receive my Nova this weekend to mate with my RWA Signature 30.2 and Omega Hemptones, so this is good news for me.  I'm hoping the Nova will compare favorably to my current setup of RWA USB converter, Channel Islands VDA-2, Kingrex Pre. 

Ben

doctorcilantro

« Reply #3 on: 9 Jul 2009, 11:35 pm »
Wife home and she is digging looks and sound. We just had a pre-bath dance party with our 3 year old.

Fit & finish is top notch Louis.

Just remember the Nova USB is limited 48kHz in case your using some high Rez source material.

Jon