JRiver Help

Don_S

JRiver Help
« on: 16 Apr 2022, 10:10 pm »
Controlling JRiver via a small screen I accidentally got it into a mode I hate. Worst of all many albums have every track repeated twice or more (one has 4 of some tracks) and some albums lost all but one track which is listed twice.

I do not know if I tripped some kind of sort routine but, like Blind Faith, I can not find my way home.

I normally use a simple alphabetical list of artists on the left side and the tracks on the right when I open an album. Art is a small display at the top outside of the track screen. I do not use the display with multiple album covers showing. I prefer a simple alphabetical list that I can scroll quickly.

So the format in the picture is kind of what I use but with album art in a different place, sorting by artist, and no multiple copies of tracks.

I could not get Paint to work with JRiver so I used my camera. I would like the album art to be smaller and outside the area listing track information. I realize when I took the picture I was in album sort. I normally use artist sort. I was stuck trying things and forgot to switch back to take the picture.

If it means anything the icons next to the albums is normally a different color. When I use artist sort  NOW the first thing that appears under each artist is "all locations" by that artist. I never had that before and do not need or want it.

Thanks for any help.

WGH

Re: JRiver Help
« Reply #1 on: 17 Apr 2022, 12:30 am »
JRiver can be frustrating, I have gotten myself into similar fixes.

Sometimes instead of wasting hours trying to search for the solution I do a manual backup of the library just in case and uninstall/reinstall JRiver then restore the library.
Make sure your registration key is handy. I haven't needed to re-enter it but glitches happen.

I recently built a new music server using Windows 11 and took advantage of their new release sale price to update to Media Center 29 from 26 thinking a new OS deserved a new JRiver release.
The sound quality didn't change so there is no good reason to update.

glynnw

• I have tin ears.
« Reply #2 on: 17 Apr 2022, 04:15 am »
What WGH said.  I have used JRiver for years and just sometimes starting over is the quickest solution.  BTW, I have my screen set as yours and it works well.  The album cover will appear in the lower left corner under "display".  I use that area for lyrics, so I have the album cover placed just as in your photo - works for me.

Vincent Kars

• The Well Tempered Computer
    • The Well Tempered Computer
« Reply #3 on: 17 Apr 2022, 10:27 am »

phleeb

« Reply #4 on: 17 Apr 2022, 04:01 pm »
I don't know if it would help your situation but JRiver has a pretty good forum, https://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php

Don_S

« Reply #5 on: 17 Apr 2022, 04:09 pm »
What WGH said.  I have used JRiver for years and just sometimes starting over is the quickest solution.  BTW, I have my screen set as yours and it works well.  The album cover will appear in the lower left corner under "display".  I use that area for lyrics, so I have the album cover placed just as in your photo - works for me.

Yes, sometimes a photo is shown under "display" in the lower corner. Sometimes I get one near the top outside the main data area. I play a lot of self-made compositions so JRiver has a little trouble finding art sometimes. Not a big deal as long as any art is not crowding the main data area. No art sometimes is fine.

Lyrics? I did not know I could do that. I would like that feature. I will need to explore that.

JRiver came installed on my server so I do not have the Key.

Don_S

« Reply #6 on: 17 Apr 2022, 04:18 pm »
Use the snipping tool : https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/use-snipping-tool-to-capture-screenshots-00246869-1843-655f-f220-97299b865f6b

Vincent, Thanks. I never new about the snipping tool. I learned something cool today so now I can go back to bed. Note that it is moving so it is good to remember "Windows logo key" + Shift + S"

Don_S

JRiver Help Part Deux
« Reply #7 on: 2 May 2022, 08:45 pm »
I just installed a new music server and installed JRiver on my laptop. Despite trying all the "repeat modes" I can't get the program to keep repeating a folder. At the end of the last song the music stops. I have used JRiver for years on another device and know that is wrong.

I know "Repeat Playing Now" is the correct setting but it is not working and neither are any of the other repeat settings on the display screen near the end of the progress bar. Is there a setting I need to change someplace else?

It has been a frustrating day trying to get JRiver formatted and recognizing my remote storage and network server. I am pretty burned out. Finally everything is working except no repeating.