3XRS with the active sub (my first Omegas)?

h1pst3r88

3XRS with the active sub (my first Omegas)?
« on: 21 May 2021, 07:07 pm »
Hi folks,

My inaugural post!

I recently picked up a Line Magnetic LM-218ia (845-based SET @ 22watts) from a NYC seller and I had a chance to audition the amp with his Omega alnico6 speakers -- they were stunning.

I am in love with the 218ia and am now shopping for a pair of Omegas. I was wondering if anyone had any feedback on the Omega outlaw 3XRS with the active sub?

There is a pair for sale at a reasonable price and I am quite intrigued. I'd love any feedback from owners about the 3 XRS Active, especially the amp you used.

Thanks!

FireGuy

Re: 3XRS with the active sub (my first Omegas)?
« Reply #1 on: 22 May 2021, 01:19 am »
I say absolutely get them. I've not heard the 3 XRS Active but do own the Super 3U with Louis' outstanding RS5 driver.   Sublime and organic sound.  Run them with a Musical Paradise MP301 MK2 and Artel Andrew Audio Vermaak 1 (proto); and sometimes Denon SS.   

h1pst3r88

It's official!
« Reply #2 on: 24 May 2021, 11:25 pm »
Just bought my new-to-me Omega Outlaw 3XRS with active subs!!

They need to cross the country to arrive in Boston but I think I can wait. Here are some pics:

RDavidson

« Reply #3 on: 25 May 2021, 12:08 am »
Excellent! Can't go wrong with real walnut veneer either. Very nice.

h1pst3r88

« Reply #4 on: 25 May 2021, 01:32 am »
I'm coming from a pair of Polk LSi15 towers so I know this will be a big adjustment.

My space is 17x14' with 9.5' ceilings; my speakers are normally 8' apart while I sit between 8-10' away.

Any general best practices for speaker placement with Omegas?

Thanks!!

-Chris